Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 12:10 AM

Re: To sell or not to sell?

hang on guys, this is a no brainer......get the money....have good time.....no regrets ,if you survive......what planet are you lot on........bloody hell......lol......H
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 05:46 AM

I was watching an artist the other day and asked what he was drawing

He replied "a horse and cart"
I said " I can see the horse but not the cart"
The artist replied "No the horse has to draw that"
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 08:42 PM

Good quip

My mother in law's s-i-l bought an oil painting framed for a couple of hundred pounds, and after a while gave it to m-i-l . After m-i-l passed away and I was putting some things in the auction, I included that painting and got £5 for it ( less expenses)
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 08:50 PM

Start by googling the artists name and find out a bit about him and his standing and reputation. A little ground work tends to pay off IMO.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 08:53 PM

Hi Lindy have you Googled the artist and the name of the painting you own .
If the artist's pictures are 'in demand' it may give some examples of the work and even list your painting if there is a catalogue of work somewhere..
This may give you an idea of prices..

I would sell it being a 'bird in the hand' kind of person..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top