Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 05:59 AM

Re: Swans

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
There used to be a pair of Black Swans on the lake at York University - a gift from Australia - but vandals smashed their nest and all their eggs. The swans were so distraught they vanished and never came back.
There have been lots of escaped Black Swans, and they are slowly becoming established in the UK as with Little Owls and Mandarin ducks some have quite strong feral and self sustaining populations.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Here's a pic of a couple of black swans.

These are actually unwanted visitors to the swannery. Black swans tend to be aggressive to the white swan and hang about because of the food and nesting around the site.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 07:05 PM

never seen them before Graham, I think because of their colour they look quite menacing.

I must take a picture of some new ducks that have arrived in the park, I think they're Muscovys, lovely colouring!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top