Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 01:06 PM

People

Im not a people person, and rarely photograph or draw them. I like to see street photography, but lack the courage to do it myself.

This is probably my fave photo, a street performer had gathered a large crowd and first she dragged me out and had a few laughs at my expense, this chap was next i knew how he felt.

One of a street dance troupe, i liked the intensity of her gaze.

Busker.

Local lad,and a real character.

Artists look away, my attempt to draw him.

This brave lass volunteered to act as a model at my camera clubs portrait night.

Audrey, never got round to finishing this.

The Little lad, i was known as The Big lad. My first sketch.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 02:04 PM

Re: People

Views and scenery are nice, but after Mum and Dad passed away I had the unenviable job of going through my Dad's extensive collection of photographs. He used to develop and print his own in his dark room, they were all black and white in those days. He went on to 35mm roll film in colour, but took them in to be processed. Digital was just getting popular when he passed away, but not before I showed him how easy it was to produce some good photos with photo shop etc.
Because I couldn't recall most of the scenic and holiday shots, I just kept those with him and Mum on. Although I take a wide variety of digital photographs, people are my favourite subject. Seeing how they change with time, or remembering their lives when they are gone, it seems to keep them current.
Your drawings are very good Nom, and if I could draw, people would be my main subjects. I've made a start by purchasing a drawing pad and pencils, but finding the time is difficult when I have so many hobbies already. [keeping up with this forum seems to have occupied an awful lot of my spare time, but I enjoy it, and such nice people.]
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Great Pictures Nom
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 04:28 PM

Very good Nom
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 04:48 PM

Great pictures Nom
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 06:37 PM

I love your photos Nom, I'm more of a person for people rather than animals, the busker has a real "lived in" face and the girl looks so relaxed and natural.
The drawing of you as a boy shows you had talent from an early age.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I love your photos Nom, I'm more of a person for people rather than animals, the busker has a real "lived in" face and the girl looks so relaxed and natural.
The drawing of you as a boy shows you had talent from an early age.
Thanks everyone, the little lad is my son, but understand my doodling is at that level
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 09:59 AM

Hello Nom
I love pictures of people
I especially like 'the busker' and the 'lass'
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 09:38 PM

I like the little lad, Nom. Super all of them though.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 11:08 PM

A great array of characters and personalities which you have captured well, that is the essence of it, capturing the character.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top