Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:24 PM

Re: Post your People Pics here

I am sorry if I have offended anyone, and to those who feel I may have spoiled dOOd's thread, that wasn't my intention.

However, I can't change my feeling to suit others, and when it was said:

"People are fascinating but only when unaware"

And -

"With my little G7X camera between my knees"

I didn't feel it right that the people were unaware they were being watched and photographed, and then publicly posted.

I would be a cross between furious and a quite scared if a stranger did that to me.

I apologise if I have upset you dOOd.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am sorry if I have offended anyone, and to those who feel I may have spoiled dOOd's thread, that wasn't my intention.

However, I can't change my feeling to suit others, and when it was said:

"People are fascinating but only when unaware"

And -

"With my little G7X camera between my knees"

I didn't feel it right that the people were unaware they were being watched and photographed, and then publicly posted.

I would be a cross between furious and a quite scared if a stranger did that to me.

I apologise if I have upset you dOOd.
Every time you walk down a street, you are filmed and photographed by cameras and CCTV, you did not give youre permission for this, if in public you are deemed to be in the public domain so can be photographed not against the law.

My beef here is tye thread was clearly titled and pt up by a new member you derailed it, you have a right to disagree but should have opened a discussion separate.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Every time you walk down a street, you are filmed and photographed by cameras and CCTV, you did not give youre permission for this, if in public you are deemed to be in the public domain so can be photographed not against the law.

My beef here is tye thread was clearly titled and pt up by a new member you derailed it, you have a right to disagree but should have opened a discussion separate.
If this is true why do we often see faces 'fuzzed' out on TV where members of the public are shown? Google maps also do this now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If this is true why do we often see faces 'fuzzed' out on TV where members of the public are shown? Google maps also do this now.
Ask them.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Google blur cows faces too LINK Is this the way forward?

The news (TV & Papers) might have to blur someone for legal reasons ... like when they show CCTV footage of a shoplifter. But they'll happily show dozens of clearly recognisable faces at some controversial event like a political street demo.

I only show people in noncompromising situations looking their best. At ten frames per second there are a lot of ugly ones, they're all binned.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ask them.
I don't know who they are, their faces are blurred.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-07-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Google blur cows faces too LINK Is this the way forward?

The news (TV & Papers) might have to blur someone for legal reasons ... like when they show CCTV footage of a shoplifter. But they'll happily show dozens of clearly recognisable faces at some controversial event like a political street demo.

I only show people in noncompromising situations looking their best. At ten frames per second there are a lot of ugly ones, they're all binned.
Don't miss understand me d00d. I think your pics are great.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

29-07-2018, 02:39 PM

The only time you need peoples permission. is if you intend to use their photo for commercial gain, in which case you ask them to sign a model release form

You can get them for free online

I have never sold a photo but have given them to various charity organisations for their use.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't miss understand me d00d. I think your pics are great.
I know you all love them really. You've just suddenly developed an irrational fear of stumbling across a pic of yourself on the net ... picking your nose ... or worse.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-07-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I know you all love them really. You've just suddenly developed an irrational fear of stumbling across a pic of yourself on the net ... picking your nose ... or worse.
It's the 'Or worse' bit that worries me most.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top