Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 01:51 AM

Re: Will the nation cope with this dramatic news

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I remember... Compact!
Sadly, so do I - it "starred" a young Ronald Allen, who went on to become "heart-throb" David Hunter in "Crossroads" which also featured his "partner" Brian Hankins (Dr. Derek Maynard) while "starring" his friend, Sue Lloyd as his wife (Barbara Brady/Hunter) - although David was gay, he married Sue in real-life just before his death in 1990.

While I was never a fan of Ronald Allen as an actor, he became an immediate favourite of mine, when, in the first episode of "The Comic Strip Presents...", "Five Go Mad in Dorset" (1982), which spoofed Enid Blyton's The Famous Five stories, he made a surprise appearance as Uncle Quentin; deliberately sending up his staid image, he most memorably told The Famous Five, "Your Aunt Fanny is an unrelenting nymphomaniac – and I am a screaming homosexual".

Here's a full List of Crossroads characters - you will recognise many actors' names, including Vincent Ball, Johnny Briggs, Arnold Ridley, Diane Keen and Gabrielle Drake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ads_characters
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 07:53 AM

That really is quite a list Omah!
I hadn't realised that the late Sue Lloyd had been a model before becoming an actress.

Having had a look at google images I have to say that through her entire career she appeared to be rather vivacious.

She also appeared in an episode of " The Sweeney ", a series in which more than a few " familiar faces " put in an appearance.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Sadly, so do I - it "starred" a young Ronald Allen, who went on to become "heart-throb" David Hunter in "Crossroads" which also featured his "partner" Brian Hankins (Dr. Derek Maynard) while "starring" his friend, Sue Lloyd as his wife (Barbara Brady/Hunter) - although David was gay, he married Sue in real-life just before his death in 1990.
That should, of course, be Ronald .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

01-05-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
That really is quite a list Omah!
I hadn't realised that the late Sue Lloyd had been a model before becoming an actress.

Having had a look at google images I have to say that through her entire career she appeared to be rather vivacious.

She also appeared in an episode of " The Sweeney ", a series in which more than a few " familiar faces " put in an appearance.
After starring in "The Ipcress File", Sue went on to become Steve Forrest's "assistent" in "The Baron" (1966), which is when I was smitten:

A year or two later, I was hitch-hiking from Coventry to London when a large black Jaguar saloon pulled up and the well-dressed gentleman inside offered me a lift to Swiss Cottage - talk about luck .....

Then it got better - he was Sue Lloyd's doctor father and he was quite happy, after learning that I'd heard of her, to "tell tales" - nothing too "risqué", though. The only tale that I remember is she spent a fortune on a couturier dress, like this:

and replaced the halter strap with a lavatory chain .....
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 06:57 PM

I bet she carried it off with aplomb!
What terrific story.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top