Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 11:58 AM

Re: fly tipping on now ITV.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They are determined to have their own way, aren't they?

I look forward to a large increase in fly tipping in the fervent hope that our inept councils will succeed in costing themselves a great deal more money, especially to the extent that they are obliged to take a cut in their pay and pensions.

Just be careful not to include anything in your rubbish that can identify you, and look around carefully for CCTVs!

Well they will not be doing that will they! Far better for them to keep their pay and pensions at their present levels and just increase the extortionate Council Tax!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well they will not be doing that will they! Far better for them to keep their pay and pensions at their present levels and just increase the extortionate Council Tax!
I seem to remember reading somewhere that they can't just increase it as easily as that. I think there are restrictions.

Certainly, as evidence I have produced elsewhere shows, getting a position as a councillor can be very financially rewarding, in many cases to a greater extent than that of the PM.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But they don’t bother to put cctv cameras and prosecute .
Personally I would oblige those AHS To clean up there mess as well as a fine !
But these are usually shady tough guys who do this sort of thing .
And 'travellers' of course, they are known for it but they are untouchable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And 'travellers' of course, they are known for it but they are untouchable.
Yes, the police are frightened of them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:31 PM

Yes, the police are frightened of them!
Yes they are. Either that or our human rights laws prevent them from getting involved but I'm guessing it's the former. Where I used to live, travellers were always on the look out for rubbish which they would take away for cheaper than a skip. No idea where it ended up though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-05-2020, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes they are. Either that or our human rights laws prevent them from getting involved but I'm guessing it's the former. Where I used to live, travellers were always on the look out for rubbish which they would take away for cheaper than a skip. No idea where it ended up though.
I like to watch those police programmes on Pick and other amateur channels and have seen several examples of the police chasing a suspected criminal on to a Pikey camp. They lose sight of them, but quickly bugger off rather than getting out and searching further!

I believe that the Pikeys come over from Ireland every Spring ready to take all they can from unsuspecting people, usually older people, with their 'drive-laying' and 'roof repairs', etc.

It seems that anyone and everyone can gain access to this country, providing they have nothing of advantage to us as a nation! Perhaps after we've left the EU properly... or perhaps not!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-05-2020, 04:40 PM

I like to watch those police programmes on Pick and other amateur channels and have seen several examples of the police chasing a suspected criminal on to a Pikey camp. They lose sight of them, but quickly bugger off rather than getting out and searching further!

I believe that the Pikeys come over from Ireland every Spring ready to take all they can from unsuspecting people, usually older people, with their 'drive-laying' and 'roof repairs', etc.

It seems that anyone and everyone can gain access to this country, providing they have nothing of advantage to us as a nation! Perhaps after we've left the EU properly... or perhaps not!
ha ha! Yes, that is so true. They can locate a person on a council estate but not on a caravan site.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:46 PM

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they can't just increase it as easily as that. I think there are restrictions.

Certainly, as evidence I have produced elsewhere shows, getting a position as a councillor can be very financially rewarding, in many cases to a greater extent than that of the PM.
There were restrictions introduced, council tax could not be increased more than 2% but any councils having responsibility for social care could increase it by 3%. Then that went to 4% and I believe last year the average increase was 5.1%. They seem to make it up as they go along. One year here the reason was that the police had to increase the amount they get from Council Tax, they are the ones who up to a while back, until this was stopped, get two-thirds final pay pensions as do I believe those in the fire service and again up until a while back those working for the councils also had these types of pensions. All that is the reason why I have to pay out around £40 a week as a single occupier on a pension (including single occupier 25% discount) while other houses here that are exactly the same but have up to seven occupiers, all adults and all full-time wage earners, they pay on average £6 each! They generate more rubbish, use more facilities, use the roads more, eventually have more children who have to be educated etc, etc.! Where's the justice in that?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47442652

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...ow-to-cut-you/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-05-2020, 05:13 PM

How can I become a Pikey?

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top