Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 08:24 PM

Northumberland

Nom, pity you aint got a telly, cos there's a programme on as I write, that you might well enjoy.

Robson Green has been doing a series on Northumberland, and tonight he is at the Farne Islands. I can see the red stripey lighthouse.
We saw the Puffins and they were talking about Grace Darling and her rescue story. Apparently she became so famous that even Queen Victoria sent her £50, which must have been an awful lot of money then.
She died in 1842 with TB, I think she was only 26.

Now he has gone to the beautiful Alnwick Castle and we are being shown round the lovely gardens. They grow some Cannabis there but it's all fenced off.

They are now talking about the Duke of Northumberland allowing football on Shrove Tuesday.
Next they have moved on to see Hardrians Wall and all the Roman artifacts found there.

Next week they will be looking at all the sea birds.

It looks beautiful countryside. You're very lucky to be around such a place.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 08:55 PM

Re: Northumberland

Northumberland certainly is beautiful and has gorgeous beaches ... I love the Robson Green programmes
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Northumberland certainly is beautiful and has gorgeous beaches ... I love the Robson Green programmes

Hi Myrtle - Yes, they are good programmes aren't they.
Lovely countryside.
I bet Nommy would have like to see this series.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 09:04 PM

I'm sure he would . It's lovely seeing places you've been to and recognise .... I've been to Northumberland a few times ... and even walked along Hadrian's Wall ... well about three foot of it
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 07:42 AM

Many years ago we stayed for a week in a B&B farmhouse. I remember that a bat got into our bedroom during the night and, unfortunately it was killed while trying to get it out. It was beautiful countryside there.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 07:43 AM

Im glad you enjoyed it, its my playground. The Hidden Kingdom has much to offer for those that like to explore off the beaten track.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Nom, I well remember driving up Coquettedale in the late evening and it was so eerie, inexplicably so, we turned round and went back to our digs.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Nom, I well remember driving up Coquettedale in the late evening and it was so eerie, inexplicably so, we turned round and went back to our digs.
Yes it can be quite so beyond Rothbury, though i would recommend a trip to Cragside to any visitor especially around July.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

12-04-2016, 08:11 AM

Yes Nom, we visited Cragside too along with the Farne Islands, Seahouses and Bamborough Castle...............beautiful.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-04-2016, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yes it can be quite so beyond Rothbury, though i would recommend a trip to Cragside to any visitor especially around July.

Morning Nom, did you know my Bedlingtons were originally called Rothbury Terriers?
Also, from the same border counties were the Border Terrier, The Dandie Dinmont and the Lakeland.
The first ever dog show with a class for Beddies was held in Newcastle in 1879.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top