Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:36 PM

Re: Good going humanity....

I'm very disappointed an advert about the destruction of the worlds forests has been banned, unless we let kids see where we have gone wrong they can't make the future better. It was a good advert about orangutans and how we are destroying their habitat. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/watch-ice...mas-ad-banned/ made me cry and I will be showing it to the younger members of the family and not buying things with palm oil in them.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
And what makes humans any more important than animals given that it is humans that are destroying the planet?
Yep! We are the most selfish, destructive animal alive who destroys our planet and other wildlife.
Mother Earth will eventually get tired of us and shake us off her.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Humans will have to adapt. As for climate change, apparently there is a small window of opportunity still to put things right.
Not sure where you got that from but even if it were true, when you have the so called leader of the free world Donald Trump say that climate change is a myth and encouraging the increase use of fossil fuels then unfortunately the planet really does not have a chance. Why should other countries make the effort when one of the largest polluters per capita has decided that there is not a problem?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yep! We are the most selfish, destructive animal alive who destroys our planet and other wildlife.
Mother Earth will eventually get tired of us and shake us off her.
Would never surprise me if that happens one day. I always wonder if aliens arrived how they would view us, trampling on other creatures for a more comfortable life ourselves, people like T only valuing her kind, if they decided we were ants and trampled on us we couldn't really complain.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Would never surprise me if that happens one day. I always wonder if aliens arrived how they would view us, trampling on other creatures for a more comfortable life ourselves, people like T only valuing her kind, if they decided we were ants and trampled on us we couldn't really complain.
Maybe that’s why they never communicate to us.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Humans are not of this planet, we came from another one far far away.
If my late OH was still here, he would agree with you there.
Personally I don't.
We are slowly destroying our lovely planet. Won't happen in my nor my children's or grandchildren's life time, but eventually the human race will become extinct. Our sun will die & so will we, all flora & fauna included.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-11-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Maybe that’s why they never communicate to us.
Perhaps, certainly I would hesitate to make contact with us
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
If my late OH was still here, he would agree with you there.
Personally I don't.
We are slowly destroying our lovely planet. Won't happen in my nor my children's or grandchildren's life time, but eventually the human race will become extinct. Our sun will die & so will we, all flora & fauna included.
As the sun will not destroy the earth for another 7.6 billion years, humans will be extinct billions of years before that.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Humans are not of this planet, we came from another one far far away.

Of course we did,

“NURSE! Purwell is having one of his funny turns again”!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm very disappointed an advert about the destruction of the worlds forests has been banned, unless we let kids see where we have gone wrong they can't make the future better. It was a good advert about orangutans and how we are destroying their habitat. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/watch-ice...mas-ad-banned/ made me cry and I will be showing it to the younger members of the family and not buying things with palm oil in them.
Does Iceland still use CFC’s in the thousands of freezers and fridges that they have ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top