Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zuleika
Senior Member
Zuleika is offline
North West UK
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,864
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-02-2020, 07:11 PM
11

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Thanks Percy and Longdogs, but both suggestions you made,require giving personal information to obtain a card. I want a card that you can get,and pay to put cash on,with real money,without giving personal details,or paying fees.
Like an Oyster card ?
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,830
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-02-2020, 01:33 AM
12

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Oyster cards hold personal details. It's an interesting question because I don't think such a card exists, although were someone to develop one there would be demand for it from people who do not want to be tracked every time they buy something. I doubt the "internet of things" people would like it though!
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 38,715
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-02-2020, 01:17 PM
13

Re: Prepaid cards?????

I suppose us 'over 50's just don't fit in any more. A young person wouldn't think twice about supplying their life details in order to buy a sandwich in the cafe.
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,830
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-02-2020, 02:18 PM
14

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose us 'over 50's just don't fit in any more. A young person wouldn't think twice about supplying their life details in order to buy a sandwich in the cafe.
I guess they don't realise that companies used to pay good money for information now given for free. All these systems are tracking devices. We may as well have a microchip.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 38,715
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-02-2020, 09:21 PM
15

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I guess they don't realise that companies used to pay good money for information now given for free. All these systems are tracking devices. We may as well have a microchip.
That sounds quite possible in the future.
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,830
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-02-2020, 10:23 PM
16

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That sounds quite possible in the future.
It's not the future LD. Some employees have been asked to inject a tag by big corporates. This is out of control IMO and is it a surprise state support is there all the way. Now they are talking about giving the state control to police the net. It's funny that we tag criminals isn't it and yet we are voluntarily tagging ourselves! The world is nuts. We are sleepwalking into dystopia.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...-they-love-it/
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 38,715
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-02-2020, 10:55 PM
17

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not the future LD. Some employees have been asked to inject a tag by big corporates. This is out of control IMO and is it a surprise state support is there all the way. Now they are talking about giving the state control to police the net. It's funny that we tag criminals isn't it and yet we are voluntarily tagging ourselves! The world is nuts. We are sleepwalking into dystopia.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...-they-love-it/
I agree Annie.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.