Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:00 PM

Re: Older Men In Skinny Jeans Look Funny, Don’t They?

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
As daft looking as older women in leopard-print clothing. Both should leave them to younger people who look good in it.
No one looks good in leopard skin print but a leopard.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
As daft looking as older women in leopard-print clothing. Both should leave them to younger people who look good in it.
Agreed !

Just to be clear, I don't care for skinny-leg jeans on men or the latest fashions for men. Personally, I much prefer the "classic" look. However, millions of women wear jeans that look as if they have been spray painted on. In such cases, we can see every little part of their anatomy which leaves nothing, repeat nothing, to the imagination. That is not so bad, however, as "plus size" women who wear skinny jeans.

It is indeed a strange world where women can, and often do, wear the latest fashions even if those fashions make a woman look ridiculous and cost a small fortune. But, when men attempt to wear something new, those men are made fun of, as in this thread.

Equality for the sexes ? Certainly not, if this thread is any example.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, Maybe, that's where men keep their bottle of coke!

Didn’t pop singers used to do that? Tom Jones?
I think many male Celebrities do that, Artangel.

Even worse, older men who boast about wearing transparent Naughty Knickers.
Not or a sight for sore eyes.

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Agreed !

Just to be clear, I don't care for skinny-leg jeans on men or the latest fashions for men. Personally, I much prefer the "classic" look. However, millions of women wear jeans that look as if they have been spray painted on. In such cases, we can see every little part of their anatomy which leaves nothing, repeat nothing, to the imagination. That is not so bad, however, as "plus size" women who wear skinny jeans.

It is indeed a strange world where women can, and often do, wear the latest fashions even if those fashions make a woman look ridiculous and cost a small fortune. But, when men attempt to wear something new, those men are made fun of, as in this thread.

Equality for the sexes ? Certainly not, if this thread is any example.
I take your points mate and argue with none of them. But I come to this from another direction. I don't think it has anything to do with equality. I think it's just about difference. In my observations of the the way men and women interact; men to men, women to women, and one to the other, I have found that each sex is jealous of their own critical territory. Women will tear each other apart mercilessly with criticism of each other on how they look, what they wear, what looks silly etc. Often I have seen them do the same thing to men. But let a man show the same level of venom towards any one of them and they will turn as one and make him wish he had never opened his mouth.Men will rubbish each other, call another's sexuality into question, question his competence or prowess at anything from how well he kicks a football to how he organizes his share portfolio. But if a strong outspoken woman puts them down or shows superiority in anything, she is often a "man hater", "ball buster" or a "feminazi"..Likewise with clothes. I think women often feel that criticizing each other and men is their territory. So having said that I will stick my neck out and say that I have a pair of "skinny" stretch jeans. I am shaped like an upside down triangle. I have broad shoulders but no hips, no bum and..yep skinny legs. I find them comfortable and practical. I like them, my wife likes them and my dog still jumps up for a cuddle when I'm wearing them. If anybody else - on the planet - doesn't like them, well they can look at somebody else innit As Cat Stevens once said.."If you wanna sing out..sing out!..If you wanna be free be free..THere's a thousand ways you can be..You know that there are...If you wanna be you..Be you!"...As long as you feel OK in your skin..and your jeans..IT doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDq36YD1ESM
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 12:13 AM

Well said, Keezoy.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=bakerman;1893973]Well said, Keezoy. [/QUOTE

Cheers man
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 06:37 AM

Don't do jeans of any description now, Cargos are more comfortable, for transporting "The Goods".
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 07:22 AM

Hi

Skinny jeans are not for me.

I am fashionable, but not stupid.

I have a leg brace which I have to wear from time to time.

Not an option with skinny jeans.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 07:42 AM

Ditching the Jeans was very liberating, bit like the Ladies who burnt their Bras.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 07:47 AM

I'd never wear a pair of skinny jeans.
Years ago Levi used to make orange label narrow leg jeans. We used to wear them turned up, almost to the top of our dr martens.

Today I'd have no qualms whatsoever about wearing a pair of 501's with a pair of well polished Hawkins Astronaut or Solovair Highlander boots. Classic!

As for the ladies, I'm going to have to be candid, the semi opaque black leggings thing with the hair tied up, awful!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top