Join for free
Page 41 of 42 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 >
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

13-07-2019, 02:31 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

I am glad there has been a change of gun laws in NZ. The US should change theirs too, as gun massacres are so common in that country.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by JJ50 ->
I am glad there has been a change of gun laws in NZ. The US should change theirs too, as gun massacres are so common in that country.
Better yet relax them here. It's a cliché but nonetheless perfectly true, when guns become illegal to possess then the guns are in the hands of criminals.
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

13-07-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Better yet relax them here. It's a cliché but nonetheless perfectly true, when guns become illegal to possess then the guns are in the hands of criminals.
Illigal or not, guns are in the hands of criminals. It is nonsensical to argue that the making and enforcing of laws around gun ownership or registration will have any bearing on the criminal element of society.
If a criminal wants a gun, they will get one.
Having said that, gun crime in NZ is low, as we have a system of controls and licencing for gun ownership. Our police are not generally armed and do not need to be...
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

13-07-2019, 03:25 PM

I hope the UK gun laws never change, or are made even stricter.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 03:55 PM

I hope the UK gun laws never change, or are made even stricter.
It's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people as has been conclusively proven by the level of knife crime.

If I was to be attacked by some POS usually incapable of speaking other than Yardi-English, with no forehead worth mentioning and knuckles bruised from being dragged on the floor as it slouched along, or had been hiding in the shadows I would stand no chance of defending myself.

All we seem to hear, especially from London, are the deaths, seldom if ever other street crimes.

At least if an attacker thought that there was a distinct possibility that if it attacked or even threatened to attack its capacity to breed would be on the line he, or rather it would at least think twice.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

13-07-2019, 04:00 PM

It's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people as has been conclusively proven by the level of knife crime.

If I was to be attacked by some POS usually incapable of speaking other than Yardi-English, with no forehead worth mentioning and knuckles bruised from being dragged on the floor as it slouched along, or had been hiding in the shadows I would stand no chance of defending myself.

All we seem to hear, especially from London, are the deaths, seldom if ever other street crimes.

At least if an attacker thought that there was a distinct possibility that if it attacked or even threatened to attack its capacity to breed would be on the line he, or rather it would at least think twice.
Not a good idea, totally innocent people have been shot in the US when mistaken for a criminal.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-07-2019, 04:38 PM

Not a good idea, totally innocent people have been shot in the US when mistaken for a criminal.
Totally innocent people have been stabbed and even killed by street criminals. Some prices are worth paying.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

13-07-2019, 04:45 PM

Totally innocent people have been stabbed and even killed by street criminals. Some prices are worth paying.
Guns would only make that bad situation a million times worse, imo.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-07-2019, 05:10 PM

Guns would only make that bad situation a million times worse, imo.
I think not.

A gun makes a noise, a knife does not. Thieves hate noise.

A gun leaves residue that tells a great deal, a knife does not. A great deal can be discovered from analysing such residue.

Moreover a bullet is a fingerprint for a gun. A knife wound tells little.

Stirations on a bullet are unique to the gun barrel, and markings on a bullet case are also unique to each gun.

One step in the right direction would be to legalise the carrying of taser like devices and irritant gas things.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 06:06 PM

but without guns those people couldn't shoot and kill people.

Page 41 of 42 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top