Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 04:29 PM

Re: Of complaints

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't see why they are complaining anyway, as I would have thought Ashley Banjo and Aleisha Dixon had done very well for themselves in this country and have probably got more privileges than a lot of white people here.

I also don't think either should be using their work as a lever for politicial stuff too.
I agree.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 04:47 PM

They both need the exposure in order to keep their names in lights and their saleability...so jumping on the BLM bandwagon suits them both right now. I suspect neither of them actually gives a damn about BLM
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 05:52 PM

Politics has long been a part of popular culture, ban it and you ban a long history of political art, political cinema, protest song and so on.
Just because BLM is a trendy bete noire for the unthinking Right, a lot of people complained about BGT. How many of those complainers actually watched it? A lot less than actually complained I would wager. As importantly, what proportion of the total viewers complained? A very small percentage. Mountains out of molehills.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my 5 roubles
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Politics has long been a part of popular culture, ban it and you ban a long history of political art, political cinema, protest song and so on.
Just because BLM is a trendy bete noire for the unthinking Right, a lot of people complained about BGT. How many of those complainers actually watched it? A lot less than actually complained I would wager. As importantly, what proportion of the total viewers complained? A very small percentage. Mountains out of molehills.
The anniversary of the death of KEITH BLAKELOCK is approaching, remember him? The copper who received over forty injuries from knives and machetes at the hands of black rioters at Broadwater Farm.

I'm just guessing here but I doubt a re-enactment of that would be allowed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The anniversary of the death of KEITH BLAKELOCK is approaching, remember him? The copper who received over forty injuries from knives and machetes at the hands of black rioters at Broadwater Farm.

I'm just guessing here but I doubt a re-enactment of that would be allowed.

How come if you criticise a black person it's racist (the criticism might not have anything to do with colour) but if a black person criticises a white person (about his privileged white background) it's not.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-09-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

How come if you criticise a black person it's racist (the criticism might not have anything to do with colour) but if a black person criticises a white person (about his privileged white background) it's not.....
Some big plan to drive a huge wedge between whites and blacks. If anyone thinks that all this BLM stuff will help integration, they are seriously wrong.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Some big plan to drive a huge wedge between whites and blacks. If anyone thinks that all this BLM stuff will help integration, they are seriously wrong.

It's certainly hasn't helped in fact it seems to have had the opposite effect, it appears to have damaged race relations unfortunately.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
[/b]

it's certainly hasn't helped in fact it seems to have had the opposite effect, it appears to have damaged race relations unfortunately.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:21 PM

I don't get influenced easily, but I think of BLM now every time I see a black person....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top