Join for free
Page 27 of 51 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 10:35 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They didn’t have power lines 5000 years ago .
And no forest fires I suppose ? Herodotus, in the 5th century B.C. wrote about lightening and great storms.
Homer, in his classic work, 'The Odyssey' wrote about a great storm at sea driving Odysseus, King of Ithaca, off course. No doubt the result of climate change.

PS: I have no problem with men getting vasectomies. I myself have one. The only problem is that you must do it to every man regardless of his age. Even a man of 80 can easily impregnate a woman. With women, however, it must be done only to women before menarche and only then AFTER giving birth to one child. Besides there is no way to know if a man has produced a child. With woman it is easy to tell because she is raising that child.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't advocate any such thing. All I'm saying is that IF YOU WANTED TO STOP HUMAN OVER POPULATION, that is the only way it might be done.

Without a sudden stop to human over population, all else is a waste of time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:00 PM

How about vasectomies for ALL men that would definitely slow down the population rise ,

Or better still men will have to give birth then everyone will be an only child !
For once, I agree - in part.

I have suggested, in the past, that we should adopt a population control system like that which China did.

Yes, it could involve vasectomies. Another option which I mentioned was simply persuasion: no child benefits beyond the second or third child.

The methods used should be initially based on the benefit-reward basis. If many people refuse to comply and insist on having large families, then more compelling methods should be applied.

Countries which have the sense to see this would look after themselves.

Third world countries, notorious for lacking such common sense and responsibility, will have to take the consequences.
Nature looks after itself. Children dying in Africa is nature's method of population control.
If we try to interfere with nature in this way, we are the ones who will suffer.
We can see that right now. How many millions have arrived on our shores so far?

Addendum:
I wish people would learn to spell the word: LIGHTNING!
Sorry, but it grates on my nerves.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I have suggested, in the past, that we should adopt a population control system like that which China did.

Yes, it could involve vasectomies. Another option which I mentioned was simply persuasion: no child benefits beyond the second or third child.

The methods used should be initially based on the benefit-reward basis. If many people refuse to comply and insist on having large families, then more compelling methods should be applied.

Third world countries, notorious for lacking such common sense and responsibility, will have to take the consequences.
Nature looks after itself. Children dying in Africa is nature's method of population control.
If we try to interfere with nature in this way, we are the ones who will suffer.
China has done a statistical analysis and it has shown that even with a "one child policy" their population will continue to rise for many decades. Only then will it start to drop.

Think about it like this. If you had a group of rabbits and a limited acreage, the rabbits will absolutely overbreed and consume every bit of vegetation within reach, and then they will begin to die off in mass. The exact same thing applies to humans. We will definitely eat everything until all foods are gone. Then the mass die offs begin.

We needn't worry about climate change. Over population and lack of food will cause mass die offs long before climate change seriously effects us.

Think that is an extreme view ? it has already started. During the last year, 36,000,000 people have died of starvation. Yes, you read that correctly. 36 million.

Unfortunately, 140,000,000 people are born each year worldwide.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 07:47 AM

Addendum:
I wish people would learn to spell the word: LIGHTNING!
Sorry, but it grates on my nerves.
Good post can’t disagree with anything here ,
The problem is that the wrong people breed too many children .
Gosh that sounds awful but why especially in a developed country like the U.K. where contraception is free or at least cheap do people have so many children ? And I know I am going to get slammed for this many immigrant families have too many children because of their cultural traditions and must think it wonderful that they actually get paid for doing so .
Then there are the other people who have children as a sort of career choice or hobby . Why would they not ? The government will pay for their keep and housing .
And it’s all subject to fraud we must be the only country in the world who pays child allowance to children NOT living in the U.K.?
Two or three children is surely enough on this overcrowded planet !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:08 AM

Gosh that sounds awful but why especially in a developed country like the U.K. where contraception is free or at least cheap do people have so many children ? And I know I am going to get slammed for this many immigrant families have too many children because of their cultural traditions and must think it wonderful that they actually get paid for doing so .
Then there are the other people who have children as a sort of career choice or hobby . Why would they not ? The government will pay for their keep and housing .
And it’s all subject to fraud we must be the only country in the world who pays child allowance to children NOT living in the U.K.?
Wow Muddy......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 11:22 AM

Yes. They do that because their religion tells them to do so. It's a means of expanding their religion in this country. The Roman Catholics used to do the same - they probably still do, and for the same reason. Religion again.

As you say, the reason our nation's population is increasing is because of too much childbirth. It could be controlled quite easily by the means I have already outlined.

And certainly, we should not be paying for children or any family members not living in this country.

Will things ever change? Somehow I doubt it. Perhaps if and when our economy begins to go down the drain. I think when that happens we'll see a reverse of the cross-channel movement!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 06:11 PM

I don’t thing it’s all religion .
I was brought up RC and went to a catholic school .
I can’t remember my friends coming from big families .
Some Muslims especially the less educated ones do abide by this ruling ,

However in some cultures its considered a good thing to have a big family .

It’s a macho thing too men are considered manly if they have many children .

Ie Africa and the West indies .

Even among the educated it seems the norm.

Barrack Obama has eight paternal half siblings from his African father .

He has one maternal half sibling .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:41 PM

Yes. They do that because their religion tells them to do so. It's a means of expanding their religion in this country. The Roman Catholics used to do the same - they probably still do, and for the same reason. Religion again.

As you say, the reason our nation's population is increasing is because of too much childbirth.
It could be controlled quite easily by the means I have already outlined.

And certainly, we should not be paying for children or any family members not living in this country.

Will things ever change? Somehow I doubt it. Perhaps if and when our economy begins to go down the drain. I think when that happens we'll see a reverse of the cross-channel movement!

Yes JBR, too much childbirth, PLUS the fact that we are living longer nowadays too.

People whip their pets off to their vets for spaying and castration without giving it a second thought, but they wouldn't go so happily if it was themselves!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes JBR, too much childbirthday, PLUS the fact that we are living longer nowadays too.

People whip their pets off to their vets for spaying and castration without giving it a second thought, but they wouldn't go so happily if it was themselves!
Been there, done that Mups, Mrs Fox won't have anything in the house that hasn't been neutered.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Been there, done that Mups, Mrs Fox won't have anything in the house that hasn't been neutered.....

Sensible woman.

Page 27 of 51 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top