Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:11 PM

Re: What are the chances?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not booked anything, so no issues for me.

Long distance will be a nightmare.

Flight costs have gone ballistic.

I will be going to Poland later this year

I can self isolate with friends at no cost, they have a farm with fishing and then enjoy the local city

I will not be flying, I will drive, much safer.

I only need to sleep in the car for one night and to fill up once.

Have they got different rules to us then Swimmy?
Over here we are not allowed to go in other people's houses at the mo, and can only drive for essentials, not holidays I thought?

There is certainly no fishing allowed either. I know this because my neighbour is a fisherman and complaining bitterly because he is now allowed to go.

Perhaps by the time you go the rules will be more relaxed.
At present though it is still:

" The government has detailed in its guidance some of the specific cases where you are not allowed to travel.

Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar places, either for isolation or holidays. You should remain in your primary residence.

In general, you should not visit family or friends you do not live with,
unless one of the permissible reasons above applies, such as if you are caring for them or need to move children between their parents’ homes."
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
In around six weeks we are due to fly off to Menorca for two weeks all bought and paid for. Any bets on whether we will be going or not?

Don't look too hopeful at the moment EZ.

I think others are right when they say if the company themselves cancel you will be refunded, but not if you cancel yourself.
My friend has a cruise book in May and like you, the company haven't officially cancelled yet. I suppose they don't want to have to dish out refunds yet, just incase, so they leave it till the last minute do you think?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:17 PM

Well while we are one the subject ,what do you think of our chances of going away in September ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:40 PM

They might let you fly to Menorca EZ, but the Spanish authorities might make you isolate for 14 days....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:47 PM

Don't think so Apricot.... I feel like a prophet of doom but I don't think there will be holiday flights till Christmas at the earliest or maybe even next year
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:53 PM

I don’t think a holiday abroad in July is going to happen .
Definitely wait until the company cancels
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 09:57 PM

Oh stone the crows , anyway thanks for your advice dear peeps .
x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top