Join for free
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:50 PM

Had enough of the UK

Well,

I've had enough now.
This country must be the laughing stock of the world and it will only get worse with the pc pandering nonsense and balless leaders.

We have decided that we won't be retiring in the UK.

The wife is Slovak, we may go there or possibly Hungary.
Two countries who at least are proud of their culture / heritage and refuse to accept any cobblers from the EU / Islam, or economic migrants.

The Government have finally managed to beat out of me the last bit of patriotism I had left.
We do not want to be in this country any more. It won't happen for a few years yet, but we are off!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:56 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by fender ->
Well,

I've had enough now.
This country must be the laughing stock of the world and it will only get worse with the pc pandering nonsense and balless leaders.

We have decided that we won't be retiring in the UK.

The wife is Slovak, we may go there or possibly Hungary.
Two countries who at least are proud of their culture / heritage and refuse to accept any cobblers from the EU / Islam, or economic migrants.

The Government have finally managed to beat out of me the last bit of patriotism I had left.
We do not want to be in this country any more. It won't happen for a few years yet, but we are off!!
We are hoping to bugger off too, but like you it won't happen for a few years yet, mores the pity. I am growing to really dislike my own country for what is happening here and I find myself becoming angrier and more frustrated as time is going by because of how we are pandering to the Muslims every whim. The powers that be have no thought for how the people of this country feel, only what the Muslims feel. How is that fair?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We are hoping to bugger off too, but like you it won't happen for a few years yet, mores the pity. I am growing to really dislike my own country for what is happening here and I find myself becoming angrier and more frustrated as time is going by because of how we are pandering to the Muslims every whim. The powers that be have no thought for how the people of this country feel, only what the Muslims feel. How is that fair?
Yep,

Sad isn't it LQ.
It's not just how they pander to anything related to Islam. it's all of it.

It's like being run by a herd of brain dead cretins, who are utterly detached from both reality and the electorate.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

12-08-2018, 07:08 PM

I felt exactly like that 10 years ago when I moved here from the UK. I never thought I would return. But circumstances change, and since retiring I have found that I need easier access to a lot of facilities than I get here. Due largely to that, and to financial reasons, I am reluctantly returning to the UK. I hope it's not the wrong decision...
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

12-08-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
I felt exactly like that 10 years ago when I moved here from the UK. I never thought I would return. But circumstances change, and since retiring I have found that I need easier access to a lot of facilities than I get here. Due largely to that, and to financial reasons, I am reluctantly returning to the UK. I hope it's not the wrong decision...
Well I wish you luck buddy, 'cos it's going downhill fast imo.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:15 PM

... as someone in the know .... I'm not sure it's such a good idea to abandon ship when sinking. If you're a true Brit, hold your head up and excuse yourself when your country is winning. You may be in danger of becoming yet another old miserable expat alchi. But fender, your case is different and you have every good reason to explore.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

12-08-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... as someone in the know .... I'm not sure it's such a good idea to abandon ship when sinking. If you're a true Brit, hold your head up and excuse yourself when your country is winning. You may be in danger of becoming yet another old miserable expat alchi. But fender, your case is different and you have every good reason to explore.
Have you tried it then dood?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:43 PM

My wife is Portuguese, and for 20 years we dreamed about retiring there. Then in 2001 at the age of 50 our opportunity arrived early. We went for it, but lasted just 5 years. Ms d00d loves London every bit as much as I do, we lost about £200k in property snakes & ladders. We don't regret doing it, we are pleased to be back.

I don't understand your reasons for wanting to go, but of course your lover wants you to get out more . Sorry, you want to know all about her origins.

I thought this was to be another Brexit thread. I don't believe that anyone on this over 50 site will live long enough to see GB recover from it, but that doesn't mean the grass is greener for most of us poor souls.

I came back for the nhs to save me, and they did!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:47 PM

We are going to spend more time in Spain .
I can't stand the winters here and I might if finances permit go to Australia in the cold times .
This country is safe especially where we live in the country but it's depressing .
I don't fit here too many years in third world but wonderful countries .
Yes I want out of here.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:49 PM

Hi

I like the UK, it's just the Politicians I cannot stand.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top