Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:10 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Tourists should 'Think Twice' about returning to beauty spots

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Said it on the news the other day but the 0.73 on your chart is not a million miles from 0.8
Unless you live in London (0.4), then, if you live in England, you, too, are "not a million miles from 0.8" - even the Midlands is 0.68 .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Then in a situation because of the seriousness of this pandemic we should till it is over and we are all 'free' again.
So Ben, do you think that once this over the police state will be lifted and everything will go back to normal?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Unless you live in London (0.4), then, if you live in England, you, too, are "not a million miles from 0.8" - even the Midlands is 0.68 .....

I live in the SW which is 0.76 also high but less people have died from it here .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:19 PM

"Said it on the news the other day" is hardly a verifiable source .....
You will just have to take my word for it then
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:22 PM

I didn't say all .....

However:

One in 400 people in England has coronavirus, tests suggest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52662066
Haha.....yes the BBC said..... Hardly a verifiable source....

If we protect the vulnerable and allow this virus to take its course with the rest it will all be over by the end of July, because there won't be anybody left to infect Omah....
The reason why the 'R' is higher in Cumbria and the North is because people are more spread out than in the big cities. And also; why are they suddenly measuring the virus with the 'R' number. There is a lot of assuming and best guessing going on here..... Its not to confuse joe public is it?....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:37 PM

Someone just posted on local FB that The Gorge is very busy, groups of motor cyclists and other people.
I can't think that it would be any different with these new "rules". Silly to go there if you're local at midday.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So Ben, do you think that once this over the police state will be lifted and everything will go back to normal?

I don,t see why not. At the moment nothing is being done to stop some who have the attitude "It won,t happen to me".
I live on the edge of the New Forest.
We who live here accept the 'rules' but there are so many who come here and complain because the camp sites and most of the car parks are closed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:49 PM

Haha.....yes the BBC said..... Hardly a verifiable source....
Better than yours, mate ..... your self-professed and unsubstantiated expertise in the field of pandemic control is highly suspect .....

If you'd looked closely at the graph and checked my source, you'd have seen that the BBC was illustrating from and linking to:

https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/tackli...g-of-covid-19/
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-05-2020, 12:55 PM

If we protect the vulnerable and allow this virus to take its course with the rest it will all be over by the end of July, because there won't be anybody left to infect Omah....
The reason why the 'R' is higher in Cumbria and the North is because people are more spread out than in the big cities. And also; why are they suddenly measuring the virus with the 'R' number. There is a lot of assuming and best guessing going on here..... Its not to confuse joe public is it?....
I do value an expert opinion but, clearly, I shall have to look elsewhere .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I don,t see why not. At the moment nothing is being done to stop some who have the attitude "It won,t happen to me".
I live on the edge of the New Forest.
We who live here accept the 'rules' but there are so many who come here and complain because the camp sites and most of the car parks are closed.
I sincerely hope that you can remain free of the virus Ben, but the best way to protect you, would be for those who come into contact with you, to have had and recovered from the virus. They would be immune and stop the virus from reaching you. But you must do with what you are comfortable with. I'm not a Doctor, but I am am responsible for my own health and life, and will flout the rules if I see fit, because after all; It is only advice and not the law....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top