Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:50 PM

Re: I may end up with another cat!

How exciting Twink I hope My Grey stays with you ...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's interesting.
Ours have both been neutered, but I haven't noticed any small cuts on their ears. Is this common practice?

I hope your new cat settles down in your home, Twinky.
No JBR, I think this is something they do to homeless cats to let other rescue groups know that they have already been neutered.. as you can't tell by just looking at the cat & they don't want them to keep being caught when they are already neutered.
In the case of Mr Grey, we can't be sure he will accept being homed by me, so they have done his ear to make sure others don't trap him!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 06:42 AM

I hope Mr Grey does move in with you, Twink, you have been caring for him for a long time now and, at least, he already knows the rest of the gang.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 06:49 AM

Thank you all for your encouraging posts, but I will find it hard to relax till he starts coming back to my garden for dinner each day. I have to put his food a bit closer to my back door each day & check he eats it & I am hoping that by the autumn he will come through my cat flap ( which I will leave propped open) to get the food that I leave in the back hall.

He has been into the house once, but ran off when he saw me in the house.... so it may not be an easy job, but I won't give up easily as I want him to have warm shelter in the winter months!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 07:43 AM

Hi

Good for you Twink.

I am not a cat person, more a dog person.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 08:53 AM

Twink, l think you need to sit your other cats down and break the news gently that they might have another brother!

You have told me so much about Mr Grey and he sounds a remarkable cat.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 09:16 AM

Awww lovely . Hope he moves into your loving home
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 09:58 AM

What a lovely story Twink - I do hope Mr Grey settles with you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

04-07-2020, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, l think you need to sit your other cats down and break the news gently that they might have another brother!

You have told me so much about Mr Grey and he sounds a remarkable cat.
Kit, one of the other cats, has already made friends with him, so they should get on fine now he is neutered.
Rudi, the one with asthma hasn't wanted to go out, and it will be a long time before they meet, as Mr Grey will need access to outside... so he will live in the back hall and my study.
Tammy, the young female, will be the only one to dislike him, but even she has decided that going out is just a morning duty so she can chew some grass to prevent fur balls. She then returns to the lounge for a sleep!
Mr Grey's biggest problem will be learning to trust me when we are indoors together... but he seems fine when we are outside.
It will be hard work for a few months, but I think he is worth the effort!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No JBR, I think this is something they do to homeless cats to let other rescue groups know that they have already been neutered.. as you can't tell by just looking at the cat & they don't want them to keep being caught when they are already neutered.
In the case of Mr Grey, we can't be sure he will accept being homed by me, so they have done his ear to make sure others don't trap him!
Thanks Twinky. That makes a great deal of sense.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top