Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 09:19 PM

Re: Plant identification

Originally Posted by mart ->
Mauve (or purple) is a favourite colour here. Now that Mrs mart knows there is one, she wants one or two.

Looks like you're going to have to put your hand in your pocket then, Mart.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Looks like you're going to have to put your hand in your pocket then, Mart.
I have Mups. I bought two 'Salvia Amethyst Lips' from a site called 'yougarden'. The plants themselves weren't expensive but ordering pots and compost at the same time pushed the cost up quite a lot. Then there was postage as well.

https://www.yougarden.com/search/res...+Amethyst+Lips

I don't suppose they will be much good this year but next year should be OK.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:49 AM

I ( my good lady) likeS the look of those, what was the delivery time like mart?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I ( my good lady) likeS the look of those, what was the delivery time like mart?
Not that good. They say dispatch may take up to 14 days. Hopefully it won't take that long. They are probably going to be a 'next year' plant anyway. Perhaps a bit late in the season for them to look good this year?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:10 AM

Yes, spotted that ..and I suspect you are right.
I have two salvias, pink lips one in a large pot and the other in the border, the amethyst Lips would look good next to them. Thanks
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:18 AM

I have Mups. I bought two 'Salvia Amethyst Lips' from a site called 'yougarden'. The plants themselves weren't expensive but ordering pots and compost at the same time pushed the cost up quite a lot. Then there was postage as well.

No local market or garden centres?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Yes, spotted that ..and I suspect you are right.
I have two salvias, pink lips one in a large pot and the other in the border, the amethyst Lips would look good next to them. Thanks

'Crocus' have got some Vlad, but they are a bit dearer than Mart's supplier.
(No problem for a wealthy man like you though.)

https://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/sa...id.2000033785/

Thompson & Morgan have them also, but I have found they are incredibly slow at delivering at the mo.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-07-2020, 11:27 AM

Well done Mart.
You will have earned some brownie points today.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

10-07-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
No local market or garden centres?
Yes but Mrs mart likes to take part in the choosing and isn't comfortable about going out yet. Also, ordering online does save travelling around seeing if anywhere has the plant. One of our local garden centres doesn't have an online shop. Another does but it doesn't have that variety of Salvia.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 01:22 PM

Yes but Mrs mart likes to take part in the choosing and isn't comfortable about going out yet. Also, ordering online does save travelling around seeing if anywhere has the plant. One of our local garden centres doesn't have an online shop. Another does but it doesn't have that variety of Salvia.

Fair enough.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top