Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:57 PM

Re: Does anyone eat much Red Meat These Days!

I am a red meat person ..steaks..beef joints..lamb ..yummy

Waitress in restaurant...’and how would like your steak Sir?’

Vlad...’Take the horns off, wipe its bum and throw on the plate please’
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 09:21 PM

Nice one Vlad, although I couldn't eat beef that rare....
We eat lots of fish through the week but Saturday's used to consist of a steak pie at our favourite garden centre. Locally sourced big chunks of lean meat in thick gravy......Awesome!
Since lockdown it's been a tin of Tesco's finest stewed steak in onion gravy.

We like to vary the meat on Sunday Lunch, Pork loins, Chicken, Roast Beef Joint, Steak, or Beef Cubes. Mrs Fox likes Lambs and Rabbits so we never have those.... I'm a bit of a 'Jack Sprat' so I don't eat fat.....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 09:29 PM

Erm.... no not really. Certainly not weekly. I'm not anti red meat or anything... it's just I'm not particularly interested much in food unless it's toast

When I do decide to eat properly () I really enjoy pork steaks/chops. Can't abide roast pork though.. strange!

I really enjoy lamb too, but rarely buy it. I wouldn't buy a joint just for me, and the chops are too small so I walk on by.

I used to eat chicken but I dunno, something put me off it and I can't remember the last time I bought any.

I rely more on salmon - it only takes 4/5 mins in the m/wave straight from the freezer
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nice one Vlad, although I couldn't eat beef that rare....
We eat lots of fish through the week but Saturday's used to consist of a steak pie at our favourite garden centre. Locally sourced big chunks of lean meat in thick gravy......Awesome!
Since lockdown it's been a tin of Tesco's finest stewed steak in onion gravy.

We like to vary the meat on Sunday Lunch, Pork loins, Chicken, Roast Beef Joint, Steak, or Beef Cubes. Mrs Fox likes Lambs and Rabbits so we never have those.... I'm a bit of a 'Jack Sprat' so I don't eat fat.....
I would kill for a good steak and kidney pie! We eat fish, mainly sea bass once a week and some chicken but Sunday is Red Meat Day, Brisket slow cooked tomorrow.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 10:00 PM

I am supporting the Lamb providers by indulging in the occasional Doner Kebab.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

11-07-2020, 10:01 PM

It has lamb in it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I would kill for a good steak and kidney pie! We eat fish, mainly sea bass once a week and some chicken but Sunday is Red Meat Day, Brisket slow cooked tomorrow.
You and me both Vlad....I can't wait until that garden centre opens for meals again. Yep! Sunday wouldn't be the same without beef and a glass of red.......Stick on some Yorkshires for good measure.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
It has lamb in it?
Purportedly so.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 10:57 PM

Can't justify the expense of buying beef steaks or joints. Have just bought a pound of stewing steak to bung in my cast-iron casserole. Any meat is usually pork or chicken. Pork is fairly cheap at the minute.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:58 PM

Haven't eaten red meat for ages. Beef & lamb is too expensive & I hate cooking anyway. I live on eggs, bacon, sausages, chicken, ham & other cooked meats.

The last beef joint I bought was the Christmas meal & that cost me £27.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top