Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:17 PM

Re: Surfermom's Great Labradoodle Encounter

Good guesses, but no.

Dear heavens, Silver Tabby, there is enough dog hair in this house to knit a sweater ! As much as I love them, I am determined to remain capped at three (down from four when we lost our sweet border collie a few months ago, and from five a few years prior to that).

Back to the story:

I stopped, bent over to be friendly to the pup and turned to steer the dog towards the owner who was shouting repeatedly at the top of his lungs, "Mac! Come here, Mac!...."

The dog keeps jumping (with zero attention towards his owner), I have one hand half petting the dog and half keeping him at bay walking fast towards the owner....

Now what happens?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:34 PM

All sent flying by a man on a unicycle.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Now what happens?
I don't know but I am waiting with baited breath
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:46 PM

You end up riding the dog - like in a rodeo?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:56 PM

It seems that Rhian is not to far off, and yes, ST I was more riding him than running with him ...

As I got nearer to the owner with the dog, he stopped shouting the dog's name and started shouting at me, "Don't show that dog any affection! Stop petting that dog!

It took me a second to react, but I kept urging the dog (still jumping all over me and quite underfoot) forward. With his wife standing silently nearby, he bellowed again, "STOP PETTING MY DOG!!! HE IS IN TRAINING! DON'T TOUCH THAT DOG ONE MORE TIME!"

Now, what do you think I thought/said/did?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 10:02 PM

Something totally unrepeatable on a public forum - but in an elegant ladylike manner!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 10:05 PM

I hope he left wearing a frisbee!
Around his neck!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
It seems that Rhian is not to far off, and yes, ST I was more riding him than running with him ...

As I got nearer to the owner with the dog, he stopped shouting the dog's name and started shouting at me, "Don't show that dog any affection! Stop petting that dog!

It took me a second to react, but I kept urging the dog (still jumping all over me and quite underfoot) forward. With his wife standing silently nearby, he bellowed again, "STOP PETTING MY DOG!!! HE IS IN TRAINING! DON'T TOUCH THAT DOG ONE MORE TIME!"

Now, what do you think I thought/said/did?
I think I would have said 'The training clearly isn't working your dog is ignoring you and I am not surprised You should learn about positive reinforcement training methods ''
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

12-08-2020, 11:14 PM

Ah, I should have thought of putting the frisbee around his neck, Rhian, but alas, I reached down and tossed the frisbee for the dog as both he (the dog) and I were more interested in fun than Mr. Grump.

As the dog dashed off, the man chastised me once again. I thought of all the things I could have said about violating the park policy with the dog, failure to have the yet untrained dog on a leash, (yes, Meg) a lack of skill in training, and most of all, a deplorable lack of manners and appreciation. I just smiled and waved at his wife who waved weakly back.

After all, I couldn't be that upset, it was just a pup we were dealing with ...

But I couldn't help say, laughing, as I turned and ran off....

What do you think?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 11:31 PM

" You couldn't train a mouse"

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top