Join for free
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 12:52 PM

Anyone Crochet?

I sort of learned during lockdown and furlough. I wanted to do the octopals for preemies and Ive made a few now

I kind of went mad on buying yarn, I have so much of it now, its filled the bag I also had to buy And don't even get me started on hooks, and I only need a 2mm

It seems to have become a very addictive hobby, and not too expensive as long as I avoid the wool shops
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 01:43 PM

Re: Anyone Crochet?

Hi Jean, yes I crochet, I'm working on a blanket at the moment, hopefully one day it will be big enough for my bed!

I buy wool in Aldi or charity shops mostly. I inherited loads from late MIL which I'm gradually getting through too!

Give me a shout if you're looking for patterns
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 01:45 PM

I love to crochet - it grows so much quicker than knitting!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 03:00 PM

I love to crochet . I have made two large blankets during lockdown both the size of a double bed . They are made of colourful “Granny “ squares all sewn together . The latest project is a large blanket in only black and white . Every square the same . It’s going to be 224 squares and I have made 107 so far . As all the squares are the same I am sewing this one up as I go along . I am completely hooked on my crochet !
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 07:02 PM

Oh wow ladies, well done you all

The crochet for preemies is hard on the hands, its all yarn under, tiny hooks and cotton yarn. None of mine have made the grade for preemies but they have gone to dementia patients so Ive helped someone

I cant read a pattern though Ive learned through videos
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 10:57 PM

I can read patterns but not the diagram ones. I have no idea what the symbols mean.

When I belong to a Knitting group we knitted and crocheted a lot of hats for babies with coloured pompoms, that was satisfying. Also jumpers for "Fish and Chip" babies in Africa. Do you make those Twiddle Muffs for dementia patients?

It's nice to make those type of things.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 05:31 PM

I crochet but mostly just baby blankets made from granny squares and a couple of small blankets (knee warmers!). I taught myself years ago but am left handed so struggled with the diagrams Took it up again when first grandchild was on the way 9 years ago.
I like that it's something to do while watching the box
Am impressed at the double bed sized blankets others are making, wow! Love the sound of the black and white one.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 03:50 PM

Here is the black and white one

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	A5FDD1E6-E684-4402-A760-7D3E4059C9BE.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	13680  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 09:09 PM

I can crochet but haven't done so since being in my early teens. My Aunt taught me. She used to make beautiful lace tablecloths. It seemed so easy then, but I think I'd struggle taking it up again now. Particularly with the repetitive nature and close work. I'd be worried about my wrist as I used to do a lot of mouse work years ago and it's a weak spot. I'm sure it's very addictive and enjoyable though. The great thing with crochet is you see the results right away and it's a bit like a paintbrush where you can create as you go.
Grammyj
New Member!
Ohio US
Grammyj is female 

01-11-2020, 03:39 PM

I absolutely love to crochet! I would love to see everyone’s work.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top