Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 11:19 PM

It's National (U.S.) Dog Day!

In honor of the day, here are my three hovering about and demanding to celebrate with car rides, cookies (apologies for their poor use of the King's English), extra naps, and belly rubs.

I just can't figure out what makes their demands different than any other day.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 11:31 PM

Re: It's National (U.S.) Dog Day!

I have heard the phrase 'every dog has his day' but hadn't realised 'they' had nationalized it! What a lovely idea.

Those three are gorgeous! Bet you couldn't resist giving a few extra treats!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 11:53 PM

They are a grand bunch Surfermom, especially the older one in the front, such a gentle expression.
I love the oldies, always have done.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have heard the phrase 'every dog has his day' but hadn't realised 'they' had nationalized it! What a lovely idea.

Those three are gorgeous! Bet you couldn't resist giving a few extra treats!
Yes, I quite like the idea! Our social media is flooded with sweet pictures today.

I am not sure they are gorgeous, but they are to me! Thank you, and I will give them a treat in your honor

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They are a grand bunch Surfermom, especially the older one in the front, such a gentle expression.
I love the oldies, always have done.
Thank you, Mups. They are quite the motley crew, but I adore them so!

Meg, in the front was in a shelter for three years - rejected by everyone until my kids, volunteering, brought her home when they found out she was on death row. She is the sweetest old girl ever - never a minute of trouble.

Ranger the sable one, one-eyed and with a deformed arm, only wants to be held while he sleeps. He was within 48 hours of euthanasia when I got a call from volunteer begging me to take him. He's such a love. Instead of barking at strangers, he stands at fence level crying for people to pet him. A good watch dog, he is not.

Pearl (since she was found on the beach), horribly abused and abandoned, is still too afraid seven years later to let strangers touch her - but she is the most loyal dog I have ever had. She is with me constantly - right now at my feet - but isn't she always!

I was thinking the other day that for all of the statues in the world memorializing people, we really don't do enough to celebrate these creatures that make our lives so full. I'm happy we at least have this day!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 09:29 AM

Lovely dogs Surfermom, all three of them.

I’m so pleased you rescued them, it looks like they have all settled in well together and have your full attention.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 09:37 AM

Murtagh sends his best wishes (and three Gravy Bones - although I'm not sure they'll make it as far as the post office).

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

27-08-2020, 03:26 PM

A hearty thanks of appreciation from my three. If the treats don't make it, they understand - the thought being what counts and all.

Here's a gently lobbed treat for Murtagh.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Surfermom, Your dogs are so lovely, l wish l had a dog. I miss mine so much.

Is the black dog, the Labrador you told us about when you first joined this forum?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

27-08-2020, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, Your dogs are so lovely, l wish l had a dog. I miss mine so much.

Is the black dog, the Labrador you told us about when you first joined this forum?
Aww, Artangel, you should consider getting another (most fortunate) dog!

Yes, that's Ranger . He's filled out quite a bit and such a love. He insists (whines like a baby if he doesn't get his way) to be held every evening so he can sleep.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 08:36 PM

You all sound so happy Surfermom , that is such a joy for you & them.
all the best
xx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top