Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 02:53 PM

Tow path terrorists

Ignorant people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nal-users.html

'All passenger boats can only operate under Maritime and Coastguard Agency rules and we have come to the conclusion the River Wey is no longer a safe environment to run a horse drawn boat.

'There are now an unprecedented number of unlicensed paddle boards and inflatables with inexperienced people on them.

'This is just an accident waiting to happen, when trying to dodge them with 17 tons of narrowboat that does not stop on a sixpence.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 03:06 PM

Re: Tow path terrorists

One thing I would like narrowboat owners (and renters of course) to observe is the inland waterways speed limit of 4mph. Too many times I've been fishing on both rivers and canals and lost tackle (and got my feet wet) because of the bow waves these irresponsible boaters have generated.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
One thing I would like narrowboat owners (and renters of course) to observe is the inland waterways speed limit of 4mph. Too many times I've been fishing on both rivers and canals and lost tackle (and got my feet wet) because of the bow waves these irresponsible boaters have generated.
Plus the waves cause erosion Percy !!

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 03:44 PM

****** me off. For pity's sake what are they on, the purpose of a towpath is to allow a land vehicle, horses, or humans to tow a barge or boat.

Should not be allowed out the house, for their own safety and protect others from their stupidity.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

31-08-2020, 04:02 PM

'The towpath is very narrow with high undergrowth on both sides and it is getting increasingly difficult to get the National Trust to do anything about it.

'With large numbers of speeding bikes, runners, dogs off leads and people with pushchairs, we are also suffering a fair bit of verbal abuse, the towpath has become totally unusable for a horse.

'It is the end of an era and a sad loss to Godalming. I can't run safely and if I can't run safely then I can't run,' she said.
Thank heavens this lady puts the welfare of her horses first.

No doubt the canal will be littered with the foul detritus of these “brain dead morons” .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Thank heavens this lady puts the welfare of her horses first.

No doubt the canal will be littered with the foul detritus of these “brain dead morons” .
I'm sure she carries a shovel with her at all times Cinderella.

Sorry, I couldn't resist it, it was just the way I read it.
I know what you meant.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

31-08-2020, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm sure she carries a shovel with her at all times Cinderella.

Sorry, I couldn't resist it, it was just the way I read it.
I know what you meant.

I expect she does, good for your soil, especially if it's heavy clay.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 05:04 PM

I agree with you though .... they're ignorant people.

You get the feeling they'd destroy all tradition, all history , if they had their way.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

I expect she does, good for your soil, especially if it's heavy clay.
Great for your rose bushes too.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 06:24 PM

I bet the horses are really upset by her decision to quit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top