Join for free
Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Re: Same Sex Pair to Appear on Strictly...

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not sure about the "everyone" bit By pleasing some, one might alienate the majority. And vice versa.

Not that this forum is a fair representation of the UK over 50 population, but it does seem to have alienated a significant majority on here!

Ok, Dad!! Ha!!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ok, Dad!! Ha!!
That would be a physical impossibility
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 12:20 PM

We keep hearing about 'the new normal'..well..this is it....get used to it..I shall pass judgement once I've watched it..move with the times Folks or watch from behind the sofa with one eye closed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I remember that, Muddy.

I reckon Foxy's right when he said it's to try and boost viewing figures.
I would be surprised if the majority of women, from our generation, hadn't danced with another woman..... so why are we so shocked to see it happen on TV?

Every TV channel is trying to boost it's viewing figures and we should all be glad they are, if we want to continue watching TV. Making TV programmes costs a lot of money so, if we want to be entertained each day, in our own homes, for a relatively small price, we either pay the licence fee or put up with even more boring ads!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would be surprised if the majority of women, from our generation, hadn't danced with another woman..... so why are we so shocked to see it happen on TV?

Every TV channel is trying to boost it's viewing figures and we should all be glad they are, if we want to continue watching TV. Making TV programmes costs a lot of money so, if we want to be entertained each day, in our own homes, for a relatively small price, we either pay the licence fee or put up with even more boring ads!
I'd rather watch ads than boring bbc and pay no license. I'm not shocked at women dancing together i simply prefer watching a opposite sex couple dancing balkroom, why is that so wrong to some?
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's got nothing to do with whether a person is gay or not, it's about the tradition of ballroom dancing and the reason why the BBC go out of their way to piss people off and try to bump up their viewing figures by creating a sensation....Why don't they create a new dancing series where all the dancers are same sex instead of buggering about with one that people have grown to love. It just takes the focus off the dancing and defeats what the show is all about. It's supposed to be a competition between male and female couples.

Exactly!

For the record (Reg!), I am not anti gay, I am not a bigot and I do not have a chip! I see nothing wrong with gay marriage, why shouldn't they be allowed to get married if they are in a loving relationship?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Exactly!

For the record (Reg!), I am not anti gay, I am not a bigot and I do not have a chip! I see nothing wrong with gay marriage, why shouldn't they be allowed to get married if they are in a loving relationship?
Neither am I, I just want the same rights as they seem to have.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Exactly!

can't disagree with a word you've written.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I have nothing against same sex couples Tango, but I do object to having it thrust upon us by the BBC....
Wasn't it the BBC who turned a blind eye to the Jimmy Savile shenanigans?
It was Craig Revel Mincemeat that instigated this I'm sure. I know he was banging on about same sex couples last year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The BBC needs to go.

Apparently they were trying to tamp Phillip Schofield to dance with another man on strictly but it looks like he said no.
Too busy with his goats I suppose.

Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top