Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 02:53 PM

Re: Advice needed - desperate of Yorkshire!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What's PPE Percy?
Oh Mups, where've you been these last few months? PPE = Personal Protective Equipment.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Roundup is harmful to animals isn't it?
I thought all weedkillers were?
Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
They're harmful to us too that's why I said use PPE.
The weedkiller is harmless once dried, just keep animals away while it is being applied... (common sense really I guess)
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:40 PM

As has been said anything with glyphosate should do the trick but you will probably need to treat what ever it is (what is it?!) a couple of times. From memory I think it is particularly harmful to fish but as Barry said once it dries it is OK for pets.
I could go up to my shed and look but I am too lazy
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:47 PM

Doesn't neat bleach kill weeds?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 05:05 PM

I thought all weedkillers were?
not according to my Vet. I mentioned to her that I was worried the dog might have a funny tummy because the council had been spraying the pavements with weed killer and she was sure they would be using one that is ok for pets.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The weedkiller is harmless once dried, just keep animals away while it is being applied... (common sense really I guess)
Thanks Barry, that is good to know.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 06:40 PM

While we're on the subject, is there anything that can kill grass? I have a small patch of lawn that I wish to cover with a plastic sheet/membrane and then cover that with some suitable pebbles/gravel.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 06:53 PM

Hi

You need a friendly Farmer, they can get the stuff in much higher concentrations than the public.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
While we're on the subject, is there anything that can kill grass? I have a small patch of lawn that I wish to cover with a plastic sheet/membrane and then cover that with some suitable pebbles/gravel.
Can't you just get a spade under the grass roots and dig up the grass? I did it recently where Sue had scalped most of it so had to replace with new turf
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Cover it with something like a bit of old carpet, something that won't let the light through. Might take a month or two but it will kill it and no nasty chemicals

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top