Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:41 AM

Re: All Creatures Great and Small.

I am still enjoying my bargain box of the originals!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am still enjoying my bargain box of the originals!
The originals were brilliant too. I was a bit skeptical about watching the new series, but it is interesting & a different take on the story.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 09:03 AM

I watched Episode 4 last night but will reveal no details .....

IMO, far too much of the episode was devoted to Tristan, a very unsympathetic character .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 09:34 AM

I am enjoying the series I think Tim West makes an excellent Siegfried and is a good actor ( not surprising considering his parentage ) .

I wasn't going to watch it but am glad I did and it ties in well with 'The Yorkshire Vet' showing on the same night.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

IMO, far too much of the episode was devoted to Tristan, a very unsympathetic character .....
Yet, l think he’s great in it and makes me laugh out loud. Anyone, who can do that must be good!!

Does your dislike of the actor mar your appreciation of the character he is playing?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yet, l think he’s great in it and makes me laugh out loud. Anyone, who can do that must be good!!

Does your dislike of the actor mar your appreciation of the character he is playing?

Definitely ..... his "acting" is clumsy and amateurish - he made last night's episode look like a pantomime .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

I agree. Tristan needs a good kick up the arse. The real Tristan, not the actor.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-09-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. Tristan needs a good kick up the arse.

Most of the characters are very believable, though - I thought Tricki Woo, in particular, underplayed excellently - a roll of the eye here, a roll of the eye there .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am enjoying the series I think Tim West makes an excellent Siegfried and is a good actor ( not surprising considering his parentage ) .

I wasn't going to watch it but am glad I did and it ties in well with 'The Yorkshire Vet' showing on the same night.
Meg, it's Tim's son Samuel that's playing Siegfried.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2020, 06:25 PM

Well, two episodes in I'm finding it uninteresting so far. I can't stand either of the Farnon brothers and Herriot is just a spineless wuss. I'll give it another episode, maybe two and if the series doesn't buck up I'll not bother with it any more.

I find myself wishing they'd show more of the scenery and less of the actors!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top