Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 02:47 PM

Re: UK Legal Position on the Northern Ireland Protocol

What an excellent thread this is. I have just read through it all.

It sounds very much like the EU have shot themselves in the foot due to their aggressive stance, demands and threats which now seem to have all been without substance and legal standing.
If anyone has broken or contravened treaties, it is the EU, and the world has been watching them do it!

Apart from that Joe Bidet chap and his 'Democrats', I am sure the majority of Americans would stand with us, perhaps even the Irish-Americans who must see that we are not the ones insisting on any border between NI and Eire.

Keep it up, Boris. I think you are on the right track and I'm sure you have the support of the majority of the British people.

As for the 'third columnists', even those in his own party, I hope they reap their just rewards at the next general election.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What an excellent thread this is. I have just read through it all.

It sounds very much like the EU have shot themselves in the foot due to their aggressive stance, demands and threats which now seem to have all been without substance and legal standing.
If anyone has broken or contravened treaties, it is the EU, and the world has been watching them do it!

Apart from that Joe Bidet chap and his 'Democrats', I am sure the majority of Americans would stand with us, perhaps even the Irish-Americans who must see that we are not the ones insisting on any border between NI and Eire.

Keep it up, Boris. I think you are on the right track and I'm sure you have the support of the majority of the British people.

As for the 'third columnists', even those in his own party, I hope they reap their just rewards at the next general election.
Many Irish-Americans claim their Irish ancestry only on the colour of their hair, nothing more, nothing less. In any case, the vast majority of these live in the more affluent and populous Eastern Seaboard states that vote Democrat. In addition to this, until it was made an illegal enterprise, Noraid (principal money raising organisation of the IRA in the USA) used to raise US$millions and millions in these states.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU have quoted Margaret Thatcher.

And that is not just me saying it – I remind you of the words of Margaret Thatcher: 'Britain does not break Treaties. It would be bad for Britain, bad for relations with the rest of the world, and bad for any future Treaty on trade'".

Boris is playing stupid game theory.

Swimmy, you have made your dislike of Boris well known. but you shouldn't let that cloud your judgement of the UK by lowering your standards to the same as that of the EU.

The EU can spout off about Margaret Thatcher all they want. The world knows the UK is and always will be, the most honourable, trustworthy and fairest country in the world when it comes to Trade. It will certainly take more than shysters like the EU commission and negotiators, along with those two chancer Democrats, Biden and Pelosi, to ever change that view.

The EU will certainly regret treating its nearest largest trading partner the way it has for the past 4 years over Brexit and now Trade.,which resulted in the action taken with the Internal Market Bill to protect trade within our own Union. No, our revenge will come by watching on as one by one, other EU states (even those presently complicit)wanting to escape the clutches of such an undemocratic, misguided, unscrupulous, elitist snake-pit.

With regard to Pelosi and Biden - Thank you but we certainly don't need to take heed of such sanctimonious claptrap threats about the UK and the Good Friday Agreement from two members of the same party that backed the raising of funds for Noraid to give to Irish Terrorists killing and maiming innocent men, women and children. Such arrogance from a man who hasn't even yet been elected! Such drivel from a woman who acts like a little Napoleon in the House. Both should keep their big noses out of UK business. Perhaps they should have a word with another lame duck, Obama, who tried the same tactics for the remain side. That didn't turn out so well, did it?

The Government has nothing to be ashamed of in the action it took to protect this country from those that wish to see it destroyed in every avenue, simply because we voted to leave. Boris et al can certainly hold their heads up high. Brexiteers salute you so far. Frosty, you are a star. All I, along with millions of others ask, do not falter now, Do not give any of the red lines away in any form. Get the trade deal or don't get the trade deal. Either outcome we will deal with it either way. but at least we will be free from the EU's tyranny forever. I long for that day.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:12 PM

Another excellent post from Shropshiregirl.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:20 PM

Thank you Percy x
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Many Irish-Americans claim their Irish ancestry only on the colour of their hair, nothing more, nothing less. In any case, the vast majority of these live in the more affluent and populous Eastern Seaboard states that vote Democrat. In addition to this, until it was made an illegal enterprise, Noraid (principal money raising organisation of the IRA in the USA) used to raise US$millions and millions in these states.
Yes, I'd heard about Noraid, of course.

If so many Americans agree with that, why don't they ask Eire to provide them with an alternative to Menwith Hill, Fylingdales, and many other military facilities we share with them?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-09-2020, 04:33 PM

A really good view in Spiked today....

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...nd-to-grow-up/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-09-2020, 04:43 PM

It really could make one laugh if it wasn't so serious. This cesspit of snakes will try anything to keep us aligned to them and their kangaroo court...

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/th...st-be-stopped/

Perhaps we should offer a solution by offering politely to
put a couple of sticks of dynamite this end of the tunnel and cave it in - for good!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-09-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
A really good view in Spiked today....
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...nd-to-grow-up/
As far as I'm aware, we are not pushing for a hard border between NI and Eire. Why should we? If someone in Eire (and thus in the EU) want to sell us something, they can send it over the border to NI and thereafter to our mainland.

It would be the EU who would insist upon, and be obliged to set up and police a hard border. They would be the dark person in the woodpile and not us. Let Mr Bidet think about that and try to punish his friends, the EU.

Actually, I am pretty sure that after Brexit will soon come Irexit. It would be in their interests not to be geographically isolated from the EU by the UK.

In any event, Mr Bidet has yet to be elected as President. I'd like to think that that is as unlikely as Compo being elected as our PM.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-09-2020, 05:18 PM

Incidentally:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...CnkFFXvZpHVpsr

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top