Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:58 PM

Re: First Impressions are Important...

You are usually on your best behaviour at first meetings.
And I wear diiferent Hats for different occasions.
Also I treat my Bank Manager differently to my best freinds who I can joke with. Recently he has asked my to address him by his Christian name ,so we are all chums together now.

No problem with overdrafts!!

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes I would say they are important .
But not always accurate .
Sometimes you get the wrong impression of someone is that short snapshot of time .
On the other hand sometimes your gut feeling is the right one..

Good post Muddy.
I agree.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 12:11 AM

Yes I would say they are important .
But not always accurate .
Sometimes you get the wrong impression of someone is that short snapshot of time .
On the other hand sometimes your gut feeling is the right one..
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I agree with you there, Muddy.
Originally Posted by carol ->
Plus 1.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good post Muddy.
I agree.
Originally Posted by keezoy ->
You only get once chance at a first impression. But that doesn't mean you can't make a second one. Like when you first meet somebody and they really get up your nose. You decide what and who they are too quickly. You might even have conflict that chills the air between you. But after a while you really start to like or admire them and that air gradually warms up. Or the opposite. Or have you had times when people change towards you and you honestly don't know why.
I'm a great believer in first impressions but, on the other hand, letting time tell, too .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
\Making a good first impression, yes.

Forming an opinion based on a first impression, no.
First impressions are usually correct as are stereotypes.

I'm happy to be right 80%+ of the time and be wrong 20% - of the time.its a policy that has served me fine well all my life, especially over the last 20 years as the make up of the population of particularly England has changed.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
You are usually on your best behaviour at first meetings.
And I wear diiferent Hats for different occasions.
Also I treat my Bank Manager differently to my best freinds who I can joke with. Recently he has asked my to address him by his Christian name ,so we are all chums together now.

No problem with overdrafts!!

LOL! The manager of the bank that I mostly use doesn't have a Christian name for rather obvious reasons! Moreover although he's more than conversant in Polish, and German poor SOB struggles a bit with colloquial English - but I'm teaching him!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:36 AM

I think first impressions are more telling if the encounter is by chance rather than design...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
LOL! The manager of the bank that I mostly use doesn't have a Christian name for rather obvious reasons! Moreover although he's more than conversant in Polish, and German poor SOB struggles a bit with colloquial English - but I'm teaching him!
The manager of my bank is a plonker called Rosemary
Some youngIsh woman who is much good as a chocolate teapot.
The last old fashioned manager was charming he addressed me as Mrs ........ and I did him the same courtesy .
I don’t want to be on first names with people who are supposed to be looking after my money .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

20-09-2020, 10:19 AM

The manager of my bank is a plonker called Rosemary
Some youngIsh woman who is much good as a chocolate teapot.
The last old fashioned manager was charming he addressed me as Mrs ........ and I did him the same courtesy .
I don’t want to be on first names with people who are supposed to be looking after my money .
Did he not think it strange to be addressed as Mrs?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Can't go by first impressions, if you saw pals of mine I knew you would steer clear, yet they the nicest helpful chaps you could wish to meet
Yep. Some are and some aren't.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 02:06 PM

To the ones who mentioned it. You are lucky to have a bank manager, they have closed down so many of my banks around here that I can no longer get to a bank without a car journey & I don't drive.

I am myself when I meet anyone for the first time. They take me as they find me, if they don't like what they see, too bad, I am not bothered.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top