Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 06:45 AM

That’s me a vegetarian

If Boris does a deal with America Re their terrible factory produced meat I will be obliged to go completely vegetarian .
I don’t eat pork anyway .
It won’t be too hard to give up the rest .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 06:57 AM

Re: That’s me a vegetarian

Why go veggie, Muddy? Just don't buy american food. Or is BJ suggesting we stop producing our own?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:11 AM

I always try and buy British meat if I can but I imagine it will go up after Brexit .

But you are right and there is still New Zealand and Australia why can’t we do deals with them ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I always try and buy British meat if I can but I imagine it will go up after Brexit .

But you are right and there is still New Zealand and Australia why can’t we do deals with them ?
Exactly - I believe they are still part of the 'Commonwealth' and have always been supportive of the UK.

I am lucky in as much as there is a good old fashioned family butcher near by. He sells only locally produced meat, game and poultry.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 08:30 AM

Muddy, What would you have to eat at Christmas? Nut Roast?! That’s when l would hate being a vegetarian!

Would Mr Muddy become vegetarian too?

I would find it hard to be a vegetarian, especially as my favourite going out and staying in foods are steak and fish in batter! (Not together!)

Re. The American produced meat. I would avoid it but then again, doesn’t a lot of the chicken we eat, come from Vietnam?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-09-2020, 08:34 AM

We don’t eat masses of meat .
Buy no I can’t see Mr M as a vegetarian he does like chips with his fish though .
Christmas - well tbh Art we all eat too much food at Christmas anyway .
I certainly won’t buy something from America .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-09-2020, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, What would you have to eat at Christmas? Nut Roast?! That’s when l would hate being a vegetarian!

Would Mr Muddy become vegetarian too?

I would find it hard to be a vegetarian, especially as my favourite going out and staying in foods are steak and fish in batter! (Not together!)

Re. The American produced meat. I would avoid it but then again, doesn’t a lot of the chicken we eat, come from Vietnam?

Good grief - mine doesn't!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 08:43 AM

We eat less and less meat too...both my daughter and my sister are vegetarian and they eat out often. I think restaurants cater for non meat eaters and vegans better than they used to. Have to admit I'm tempted to give it a try too Muddy.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:23 AM

My daughter's vegetarian, and I like veggie meals too, I don't eat much meat,
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-09-2020, 11:06 AM

I eat more chicken (locally farmed) and fish (UK caught) than I do red meat - but I would miss bacon butties! Our local butcher has proper dry cured bacon - none of the slimy goo that slithers out of the prepacked stuff.

Went veggie for the six weeks I was in India - enjoyed it in the main - but didn't want to see another grain of rice for a while after I came home!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top