Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:38 PM

65 and having quads..

No Im not joking.

I heard this on German tv today and wasn't quite sure Id heard correctly until I checked it online but a German woman who has already had 13 children ios now pregnant with quadruplets.

If the children are born safely she wil be the oldest mother of quads.

Science has made it possible for her to conceive via artificial insemination and she says she is fit and healthy but is it morally right to do this?

Her health could fail at any time , if she lives to age 80 her youngest children will only be 15 and they will never know extended family such as grandparents.

Is this just pushing the boundery too far?

Are there any ladies who would consider this if the oppertunity were made available?

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-g...ts-2015-4?IR=T
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:50 PM

Re: 65 and having quads..

Personally I think she's a nutter. There's not really much else to say.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Personally I think she's a nutter. There's not really much else to say.
Yup. Definitely. Nutty as a fruit cake. Totally off her trolley.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 11:33 PM

She must be mad as a box of frogs and I personally think there should be an age limit on artificial conceptions.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 11:51 PM

If she has 13 kids already, I think this is totally wrong. But the woman alone, should not take all the blame. I blame the medics for carrying out the treatment in the first place. It's too stupid for words.
There must surely be a lot more to this than we know?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 11:54 PM

Absolute madness !!!!!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 06:22 AM

Dont you find it all a bit hypocritical?

I mean doctors will watch someone die in agony and fear with cancer or MND and say ...'we cant play God' yet here they are doing exactly that.

At 65 this woman will have been in menopuase her body has gone past its child bearing age and has closed the factory but its being forced by artifical means to carry on.

Just like the people with radical plastic surgery I do think there is a kind of mental issue going on with people who have this many children and I wonder if they only ever feel validated when they have a bump to care for or a baby who is totally reliant on them..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 07:31 AM

Perhaps you misread it and they were getting one of these to assuage their mid life crisis

Quads are such fun
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Dont you find it all a bit hypocritical?

I mean doctors will watch someone die in agony and fear with cancer or MND and say ...'we cant play God' yet here they are doing exactly that.

At 65 this woman will have been in menopuase her body has gone past its child bearing age and has closed the factory but its being forced by artifical means to carry on.

Just like the people with radical plastic surgery I do think there is a kind of mental issue going on with people who have this many children and I wonder if they only ever feel validated when they have a bump to care for or a baby who is totally reliant on them..
I completely agree!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 08:44 AM

I feel sorry for her, she clearly has some sort of fixation about being a mother, 13 kids would be enough for most people and having charge of a 6 year old at 52 I can absolutely say the idea of 4 young children leaves me cold. Why the doctors didn't send her for counselling instead of agreeing to get her pregnant baffles me - no it doesn't thinking about it they are using her for their own careers and fame.

Worries me what will happen to Gracie when we are gone or cannot manage her any more I hope this woman has plans for what will happen to these babies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top