Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Re: 11 year old girl pregnant!

Girls bodies can quite easily cope with pregnancy at that age - it was, remember, a very common age for girls to start a family: as soon as their periods began, they were eligible for marriage and child-bearing. It's our attitudes that have changed.

My sympathies, for now, lie with the young girl. I hope the authorities sort out why she felt she needed to have sex at such a young age - is there something lacking in her home life (goes without saying I suppose). I'd be tempted to charge the girls parents with neglect.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
An 11 year old girl is 8 months' pregnant and also smokes 20 cigarettes a day! Her mother is actually proud of her! What do you think? I think it's disgusting and unbelievable.
To be fair the mother said she was proud of her daughter for keeping the baby not for being pregnant.

The 15 year old father will now be on the sex offenders register - great start to his life too.

There is nothing nice about this story it is a tragedy all round, not an occasion for holier than thou... ask not for whom the bell tolls...

Or, as our Prime Minister would say, "Shit happens."

On the bright side the girl or her child could grow up to be the financial genius getting Britain out of the financial morass it is currently enmired in. Who can tell?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Girls bodies can quite easily cope with pregnancy at that age - it was, remember, a very common age for girls to start a family: as soon as their periods began, they were eligible for marriage and child-bearing. It's our attitudes that have changed.
Absolutely right b~v and if the truth is know our present day youngsters although able in body are imo less mature in mind as this is not the 'norm' as it was then.

My sympathies, for now, lie with the young girl. I hope the authorities sort out why she felt she needed to have sex at such a young age - is there something lacking in her home life (goes without saying I suppose). I'd be tempted to charge the girls parents with neglect.
She may not have 'felt the need' to have sex (remember the boy has been charged with rape)

Of course the only information we have are media reports and who knows if the picture they paint is an accurate one.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Absolutely right b~v and if the truth is know our present day youngsters although able in body are imo less mature in mind as this is not the 'norm' as it was then.
Very true. I remember reading an article a few years ago about deferred adulthood and watching the antics that some 20+ year olds get up to, I think the prediction has come true.

She may not have 'felt the need' to have sex (remember the boy has been charged with rape)
I could be wrong but I thought that any male having sex with a child, it is automatically deemed as rape?
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 06:54 PM

But he could say she consented and told him she was 16, then it's his word against hers.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Very true. I remember reading an article a few years ago about deferred adulthood and watching the antics that some 20+ year olds get up to, I think the prediction has come true.

I could be wrong but I thought that any male having sex with a child, it is automatically deemed as rape?
I did read that the 15 year old boy has been charged with rape.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
Oh heck Patsy, what is this country becoming? Some folk just have no morals whatsoever.
Hear hear!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Here's a link to the story ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...st-mother.html
Where would we go for our source of moral indignation without the Daily Wail

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top