Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 03:31 PM

Re: 16yo girl to live in Turkey with her 21yo lover

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Absolutely Barry .
I know someone whose 16 year old daughter fell for a Turkish boy she met on holiday and the next thing we knew she became engaged to him
What did her mother do? The sensible woman told her daughter that was fine and during the Easter holiday she would take her to Turkey to meet the family.

They went and nothing more was heard of the boy or the engagement. The girl in question returned to school and her studies to get to University.
Now that is a happy ending....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 03:38 PM

When they are 16 it's hard to tell them anything best we can do is hope what they do doesn't hurt them I always think. Then by the time they are 19 suddenly they want advice has been my experience
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 06:39 PM

Well I'd hide her passport for a start, she's much too young and how on earth will they communicate?
As has already been said one British passport for Turkish citizen coming up!!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 06:50 PM

I´m with cranberry, take her passport away from her. Is she of legal age to make her own decision about this? I guess her parents could have her made a ward of court if they were worried about her, after all she is still a child and a vulnerable one too by the sounds of it. I´m sure the man´s Turkish family are pleased, it means they will have a good excuse to come to UK, but like others I would think that is the main reason for the marriage.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 08:59 AM

I know of a woman who fell for a Turkish waiter a few years ago. She left her husband and took her daughter with her to live with him. The little girl didn't like it there and came back to live with her Dad.
The woman got a divorce and with the money she got for that bought
a café with the waiter who she had now married. The marriage lasted
about 2 years as the guy started hitting her and changed personality during
those years. In the end she decided to come back to England but when she tried to get her money back from the café she found that it had all been put in his name and families name so couldn't get any of it back.
She came back penniless. The lad when she met him was 19 and she was 36.
I fear for this young girl you are talking about. She cannot speak their language so she is going to have to learn it quickly as she could be exported anywhere without her permission. Women still don't have a lot of rights in Turkey so she is not going to be able to go to the Police and complain.
She cant go without a passport as mentioned and I would personally if her Mum inform the passport office not to issue her with one until she is 18 then she can do what she wants. Hopefully by that time the crush will have wained. She also needs to look at films made about white slave trade of young girls never seen again and taken from Europe to North Africa.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 11:32 AM

She already has a passport, BE, cos she met him last year when on a visit to the country. They were sleeping together straightaway!! Slut! The parents were aware of that.

The story has attracted over a thousand comments and I am sure most of them side with the grandparents of the child, and who want nothing to do with it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 11:38 AM

If they do get married and they do have children, in a few years time we will no doubt be hearing of yet another child kidnap back to Turkey and the child be hidden away from his/her mother and yet another international court battle in the offing.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 11:40 AM

It is such a shame I the same as everyone else think this is going to go badly wrong.

If the girl was determined to stay in Turkey with him and didn't want to listen to reason I don't suppose there was anyway that her parents would have been able to get her onto the plane home, without her kicking and screaming.

It is so sad that young girls fall for the charm of foreign waiters when they are on holiday.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
She already has a passport, BE, cos she met him last year when on a visit to the country. They were sleeping together straightaway!! Slut! The parents were aware of that.

The story has attracted over a thousand comments and I am sure most of them side with the grandparents of the child, and who want nothing to do with it.
The parents could have the passport cancelled, but it seems to appear that the parents don´t seem that concerned about their daughter. The one thing that is for sure is that the girl is heading for a disastrous life and no doubt at some point will end up back in UK, most likely with children and all will be living on benefits.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 11:45 AM

What worries me is they say 'you only live once'. A 16yo, alone in a foreign country, is safe??!!! Anything could happen, and by that I mean, she could meet an early untimely death. If I were them I would have a serious rethink of this.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top