Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 08:24 AM

Re: 20 reasons to abandon Christianity

Religion , to me just shows how people are easy brain wash believing something that there's no evidences that God exist what so ever, religeon bit like sheep following each other around a field , the leader hasnt a clue where's he going but the rest will follow anyway ,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 08:38 AM

It is interesting that at any one time, there is a leading Sheep, and a sheep bringing up the rear, the wandering majority occupying the middle ground, the real leader is not the one who fronts the procession, but the one who watches out whilst the others graze. Maybe
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 09:11 AM

I cannot believe that in the 21st Century, we are still discussing ridiculous fairy tales about mythical deities. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and all the other "faiths" are all just human constructs used to control and terrorise the masses. It's about time we grew up!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I just LOVE the dogmatic certainty with which Realist writes. With bugger-all evidence to support any of it.
I guess it's a case of "he that hath ears to hear, let him listen"

For those with ears then . . . Here's just a sample of the plethora of old documents, tracts, treatises that all write about the Philosopher's Stone, Elixir Of Life, call it what you will. I think there are about 50 here but there are 100s more. Just Google any one of them and you'll find a website where you can read them or download them. Unfortunately they will seem gobbledygook to most if they don't have the basic grounding in the terms used and what they refer to. Mercury for example does not refer to the liquid metal element nor to the planet. The sheer number of such documents spread over many years suggests that there is credibility to the existence of the Stone. If not it is the hoax of the millennia ! Once you understand the principles of the process involved in making it you see references to it everywhere, in books, films, pictures. Everywhere, hidden in plain sight. As I mentioned the Bible itself has numerous references to it and if you care to use an online Bible search website (such as DivineCoders) you can see that many of the key words concerning the Stone and its process are encoded within Genesis.

Anyways, here's a list of 50 or so documents to get anyone started should they have ears to hear !

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
And the idea of some 'magic' cure all stone, a secret held by only 'the few' just shows how little we have learnt from centuries of scientific research and rational thought.
The Stone is not a "Cure-all" medicine, I thought I had made that fairly clear in my post. Perhaps you misread?

The stone is simply a source of energy, a hugely efficient source made from the joining of some core components, essentially the most efficient matrix structure in which the life energy can be stored and the life energy itself put into that matrix. It could be usefully thought of as a battery.

Rational thought should already lead you to the notion that our bodies only function from a supply of energy. We get it from the sun, from air we breath, from food and drink. The "cure-all" is your body itself. It already knows how to heal itself. When you cut yourself you have no idea how you are healing yourself. It just happens. The time it takes to happen depends on how much energy is available. Run yourself down and the body struggles with afflictions like colds or infections. Provide an abundance of energy and the body copes just fine.

Imagine what your body could do with massive amounts of energy made available to it. Rejuvenation quicker, healing quicker, mind-sharper, memory better, eye-sight sharper, ageing process greatly slowed.

None of this is irrational at all. It's entirely natural. I believe the Stone is entirely natural, it is made from just one thing using the processes of Nature, nothing more nothing less.

I'm aware it sounds fantastical at first glance, trust me I am a sceptic of the highest order. But having read 100s of documents it is clear that this is more than a fanciful whim.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top