Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 05:17 PM

Re: 18yr old in Gaol

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I don't know how you do things in Sweden, but here in the UK all such interviews are recorded digitally, the person being interviewed takes a copy of the recording with them at the end of such an interview.

As none of what has been said can be used in evidence the incident never gets to Court, so no problems for either side.

It is a pragmatic solution, saving lives is more important than taking a prosecution.
Sounds good to me. And you did say it was strictly in matters of urgency. I wonder if all of that applies to this 18 year girl?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Sounds good to me. And you did say it was strictly in matters of urgency. I wonder if all of that applies to this 18 year girl?
Hi

She is in Australia, it is a specific offence there.

The clue is in the OP.

"Under the new terror laws refusing to answer questions asked by the crime commission is an offence in itself. She has been refused bail even though this is a first offence."
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
"She was asked about her husband's alleged plans to sacrifice himself, ISIS propaganda, a knife allegedly found in her handbag wrapped in a Shahada flag and plans of a terrorist act."

In the circumstances I think the fact that she is an 18 year old "girl" isn't relevant.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 06:04 PM

So, if I understand (and put myself in her shoes) by answering direct questions she will be putting her husband away but only facing the court herself at which time her "cooperation" (statements that cannot be used against her) will set her free. It might be a difficult choice for her to make.

EDIT: Why doesn't she simply lie, "not to my knowledge".
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 06:15 PM

Well, about that knife, allegedly found in her bag, and plans for a terrorist act ... they may have had more evidence, didn't they say 31 questions? obviously the news item wouldn't list all of them separately, but the judge/jury will have to listen to all of them.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

06-02-2016, 06:17 PM

Well, I'm happy that I'm not in her shoes. But I wouldn't be, would I.
Lila
London UK

06-02-2016, 06:52 PM

I hope not.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

06-02-2016, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
I hope not.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I would - they should have to answer questions, why not ?
I'm being serious here not flippant, so why am I wrong to feel that way ......
The police are trained in the art of interviewing(interrogation) the average Joe is not aware of tactics used to get the "right" answer. The right answer being right for the police not the accused.

So if a person answers "I don't know" how would you know he was answering truthfully?

The only way your idea would work is to introduce torture.
Is that OK with you?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

06-02-2016, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The police are trained in the art of interviewing(interrogation) the average Joe is not aware of tactics used to get the "right" answer. The right answer being right for the police not the accused.
Water boarding usually does the trick. It'll get you the answer you want.
Just tell the accused what to say and he'll oblige.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top