Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 05:06 PM

Re: Sweden: We're Friendly!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
...... We have had the "racist" and "bigot" card thrown at us many times here in the UK.....
We've only got the "racist" one. How long before we can expect the "bigot" card do you think, Shropshire G.? And you know (as well as I) that the people we're supposed to be "racists" against reside in "our" neighbourhood ... not in the one where the politicians dwell.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 05:13 PM

One of the main problems in our area is that people tend to be grouped together in social housing, so you get whole streets of Turkish, Morroccan or Somali people and they set up their own little world within that street or block.
Surely not encouraging one group to dominate a particular street would be helpful? Our council seems to think not and continues to let them all live together so that inclusion and learning our ways never has to happen.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 05:40 PM

Easy answer to the thugs, shoot them dead, then they won't cause any more trouble
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 06:03 PM

Pat Condell ........worth watching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwRg1wCh2Y
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
One of the main problems in our area is that people tend to be grouped together in social housing, so you get whole streets of Turkish, Morroccan or Somali people and they set up their own little world within that street or block.
Surely not encouraging one group to dominate a particular street would be helpful? Our council seems to think not and continues to let them all live together so that inclusion and learning our ways never has to happen.
This is quite a dilemma and much more complicated then one might think.

Some years ago I lived in a predominately Arab/Somali/Roma neighbourhood. It was hell. All the things you hear about: Drugs, graffiti, litter, crime, the children's play ground destroyed on a daily basis, aggressive behaviour, shouting, fire works and mopeds (with the silencer removed) ALL NIGHT LONG. I was finally offered another flat in a near-by town and was over the moon! As is my habit, I visited the new town/flat on a Friday/Saturday night just to try it on for size when I expect it to be at its worst. There was one Arab family there, but it was everywhere. The woman was in the kitchen (second étage). She and her husband (who was standing on the balcony over-looking the playground) were have a shouting discussion. Every now and then she'd shout to her children who were in the playground below. She didn't even come to the window. She actually shouted from the kitchen through the living room, across the balcony and out to the playground below! That single family dominated the whole complex of flats. I rang the flat owner and informed her I wasn't interested.

Then, one day, there was a program on the tele about the most infamous Malmö neighbourhood, Rosengård. They interviewed an Arab woman who was complaining about living in Rosengård where there's such a concentration of immigrants, mostly Arab and Somali, as far as I can tell. She thought it was a pity that she didn't have the opportunity to live amongst Swedes. I thought to myself, “What makes her think we want her family living next door to us?”

I like to joke about it. Well, I can afford it now that I no longer live anywhere near them. I like to say that the Arabs and Somalis are a very tolerant lot. All I and my countrymen do is complain about how loud they are … but I never heard a single Arab or Somali once complain about how quiet we are.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 10:56 PM

hmmm it is difficult.

One of the main problems seems to be that decent people tend to pull back and stay in the background.

I saw this myself as a child, we moved to one of the new housing estates in South London. At first the council were very particular about who moved into their new estate but gradually they moved in one or two 'problem ' famiies in the assumption that these families would learn to behave via the example of the decent families.

What actually happened was that the decent people hid and the antisocial ones took over throwing rubbish off balconies and screaming abuse at each other day and night the estate slipped into chaos and is now almost a no go zone.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 11:11 PM

Our politicians seem to have a deliberate plan to kill off the culture of every country until there is nothing left and we are helpless to stop it. Some democracy we live in.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

24-03-2016, 11:17 PM

hmmm it is difficult.

One of the main problems seems to be that decent people tend to pull back and stay in the background.

I saw this myself as a child, we moved to one of the new housing estates in South London. At first the council were very particular about who moved into their new estate but gradually they moved in one or two 'problem ' famiies in the assumption that these families would learn to behave via the example of the decent families.

What actually happened was that the decent people hid and the antisocial ones took over throwing rubbish off balconies and screaming abuse at each other day and night the estate slipped into chaos and is now almost a no go zone.
"One Bad Apple"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 11:23 PM

There is one thing that connects all these streets at a surface level, they are very messy.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Disgraceful as it is, there are still those who will find any number of excuses to blame the indigenous people of a country for the appalling behaviour of immigrants. It´s all our fault remember !
This, I will never understand. AO may be able to elaborate, but didn't Sweden stop recording crime by ethnicity due to the sheer number of crimes committed by immigrants?

It seems that anything negative, disgraceful behaviour etc by immigrants is actively suppressed and covered up by the authorities. I just don't understand the constant appeasing of these people.
Just take Rotherham as one example in the UK, all those girls abused and it was covered up / ignored. I hold the authorities 100% responsible for the plight of those girls.

It's an absolute disgrace and I'm sick to death of it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top