Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 01:52 PM

Re: Boris Johnson warns Russia US could strike Syria AGAIN

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's what I fear too we originally chose to support Assad bad man but at least we knew what he was capable of.
Hi

Totally agree with you Julie.

You have a wedding coming up, a Christian Service and then a service in a Mosque.

Assad would have not blinked an eye at that.

No threat to him at all .

It would not have happened in a Radical Muslim State.

One or the other, would have been killed, if not both.

I completely refuse to accept that all Muslims are a problem.

Some of the posts on here genuinely horrify me.

You have one in the Army defending us, another wanting to be trained as Midwife, good luck to them both.

My issue is solely with the Radicals.

Very few in number here in the UK, but a very real danger.

I cannot understand why we do not deal with these scumbags as we should.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 02:22 PM

It's baffling to most Muslims too I don't see them as a threat, but we don't listen to them when they report. It's us at fault in this country not them. And I'd say blaming all Muslims isn't going to help at all. We need to embrace all who want peace. IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I know the first thought to many will be ... Syria will become a better place.
But will it? How?
I am confident that neither Syria, nor the entire Middle East, will ever become a better place. It is inbred in their nature to want to fight each other without any logical reason.

Our best course of action - our ONLY course of action - in the long run is to keep out of that part of the world completely and, perhaps more importantly, keep them out of the civilised countries of the world.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I am confident that neither Syria, nor the entire Middle East, will ever become a better place. It is inbred in their nature to want to fight each other without any logical reason.

Our best course of action - our ONLY course of action - in the long run is to keep out of that part of the world completely and, perhaps more importantly, keep them out of the civilised countries of the world.
I'm not sure that's correct most people in any area only want to live a peaceful life with their families. I'm certain Middle East is no different.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not sure that's correct most people in any area only want to live a peaceful life with their families. I'm certain Middle East is no different.
You're probably right. I know Iraqis and Saudis who are not at all arrogant. On the other hand, there is always trouble in that part of the world and no doubt always will be.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 07:43 PM

Don't think we chose to support Assad, did we?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I like what I'm reading here and agree with most of it ..
but ...

What I want to know is what becomes of a Syria without Assad?
I know the first thought to many will be ... Syria will become a better place.
But will it? How? Carving it up in piecemeal chunks with bonus prizes for all those who were against Assad?
No world leader, and I include Trump, seems to have a clear idea on how to move forward other than for deposing Assad.
The same thing that happened to Iraq when we removed Saddam and Libya when we removed Gadaffi.....Both those decisions went extremely well didn't they?......

Like him or not, Assad is the law in Syria and he does what he considers necessary to keep the genie in the bottle.
How about if Putin decides he doesn't like the way Theresa May runs this country and decides to finance some mercenaries to overthrow the government. sometimes desperate people resort to desperate measures.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top