Join for free
Page 44 of 56 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 04:58 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Exactly this.

The very person that Democrats (what a misnomer) will try and suggest would bring the country together is even managing to do the opposite by deepening divides within his own party!
Combined with the probable logjams inevitable with a divided congress the future does not look at all bright for those reasons alone.
Seems a pity that with such a divisive POTUS as Trump in office, they couldn't find anyone better suited for the task over the 4 years in waiting
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Seems a pity that with such a divisive POTUS as Trump in office, they couldn't find anyone better suited for the task over the 4 years in waiting
After Barack Hussein ANYONE was going to be better. In the case of The Don considering the damage that SOB Barack Hussein had done to the world there couldn't have been ANYONE much better. Now all gains will probably be lost as the BLM front take over civilisation.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 07:14 PM

Can't remember much about Obama doing anything notable but I'm struggling to understand what he did that was so awful. Is the gripe about Obamacare?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Can't remember much about Obama doing anything notable but I'm struggling to understand what he did that was so awful. Is the gripe about Obamacare?

Not Obamacare though that was a duplicitous mendacious thing that was very different from how it appeared at first sight. You have to look what that POS did in the round to see just what his disgusting agenda was.

One example of the bullet that we dodged is how had it not been for Russia doing what The West did not (because of POS Hussein) Assad would have been liquidated and Syria lost.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
After Barack Hussein ANYONE was going to be better. In the case of The Don considering the damage that SOB Barack Hussein had done to the world there couldn't have been ANYONE much better. Now all gains will probably be lost as the BLM front take over civilisation.
This is, of course, off topic, but I don't see much connection, if any, between who happens to be president and BLM. If I might use the analogy of a wound to make the point.
Since the very beginning of America, some people have been extremely racist, mostly in the deep south, and every time a black was lynched, beaten, or abused those acts have wounded all blacks. Moving forward into the 20th century, racists continued to murder blacks, thus aggravating an already festering wound. Now, in the 21st century, with the advent of cell phone technology, blacks can witness as police outright murder more blacks. That grave wound has become painful beyond endurance. Every time a police officer kills another innocent black person, or killed him/her for an extremely minor crime it is like sticking a knife into that mortifying wound. The wound has now become swollen beyond belief and is gangrenous.

Is it any wonder that blacks have finally risen up in the face of institutional racism and demanded a radical change in how the country is policed ? It is quite possible that Biden will use the power of the federal government ie The Justice Department, including the F.B.I. to investigate allegations of police brutality, various forms of civil rights violations and murder to force a new way of policing.

PS: this topic really should have a thread all its own.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 10:06 PM

Not Obamacare though that was a duplicitous mendacious thing that was very different from how it appeared at first sight. You have to look what that POS did in the round to see just what his disgusting agenda was.

One example of the bullet that we dodged is how had it not been for Russia doing what The West did not (because of POS Hussein) Assad would have been liquidated and Syria lost.
So you don't think the West should stay out of the Middle East? What's Biden's view?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-11-2020, 10:24 PM

So you don't think the West should stay out of the Middle East? What's Biden's view?
I believe that the West should protect legitimate democratic Middle East states that request protection. When it comes to support of terrorists Biden does not have a good track record but then nor do the Dems for a good number of years.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-11-2020, 10:29 PM

I believe that the West should protect legitimate democratic Middle East states that request protection. When it comes to support of terrorists Biden does not have a good track record but then nor do the Dems for a good number of years.
Why oh why should we care? It's caused nowt but grief in the past. We always get it wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean about Biden's track record. I don't usually follow US politics. Are you able to expand?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-11-2020, 10:42 PM

Why oh why should we care? It's caused nowt but grief in the past. We always get it wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean about Biden's track record. I don't usually follow US politics. Are you able to expand?
Going in mob handed on a whim to support some American "strategic" interest is one thing but if aid is requested from a legitimate
middle east - or for that matter any decent civilised nation - is a very different matter.

Biden's track record? Do what I did. Go dig it out for yourself. Check out that horrible Harris creature too, it makes fascinating reading and as for Kerry --- another supporter of foreign terrorist scum that were attacking British people in our own country, another low life.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 10:47 PM

The West seem to be having problems with their own democracy at the moment, best sorted before getting involved with anyone else's.

Page 44 of 56 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top