Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 09:33 PM

Re: Drug dealers sentence

In my view, drug dealers should be given the same sentence they give to their customers.

But have their fix cut with caustic soda as a bonus, so they suffer the most horrendous pain as they die.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
In my view, drug dealers should be given the same sentence they give to their customers.

But have their fix cut with caustic soda as a bonus, so they suffer the most horrendous pain as they die.

That's a bit soft isn't it?..why not give them this...And after that you could really lose your temper!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6w...-DroppingFacts
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 11:22 PM

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not missed at all. Why should this pointless unsinkable war be waged? If people want to go down a path that will kill them then let them. A few corpses in the gutter will act as a great demotivator.

At this point I want to emphasise that I'm not wanting to or trying to wind anyone up

On the basis that anyone can eff up I do believe that if a person gets hooked up to drugs they should be offered a residential rehab session on the NHS and if they should fall off the wagon a second residential session - but that's it.

If they fall off again then goodnight nurse.

However it is absolutely pointless to try to do anything to disrupt the drug culture with any form of legislation and prohibition by continuing to waste huge amounts of resources and money that will achieve nothing.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...bstance-misuse
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 01:36 AM

Hi

Before I became ill at the end of July I had a set to with the drug dealer who has moved in next door.

A thirty something shaven headed tattoed prat.

I was just the old man next door, someone who was to be ignored, he was the hard man.

That went wrong, he was not going to be dealing off my crossover and most certainly not going to be laughing at my son being taken out on a sled after a severe seizure and then gobbing into my garden and thinking it was funny.

I told him to stop, he decided to hit me, the old man, not a threat.

He lost, I won, only hit him gently but put him down.

Who got into trouble?

Me.

He reported me.

Life is very strange now, not what happened when I was working.

I got warned by the Police, simply because I told him next time he threatened my son I would put him in Hospital.

Life is not was it was, I would have been the victim, but now a total scumbag is now the victim.

I give up.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 02:55 AM

Drug dealers don't force their products onto people. Deal harshly with the users and make it such an unnerving prospect. No demand will yield no supply.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Drug dealers don't force their products onto people. Deal harshly with the users and make it such an unnerving prospect. No demand will yield no supply.

OK.My last couple of posts were a bit of black humour. Sorry. This isn;t a humorous subject. So, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions about this?..It's only for the sake of discussion. YOu are entitled to your opinion of course.But.. firstly, does your opening sentence mean that there is never coercion on the part of dealers?.More importantly with respect to the second part of your post, could you elaborate on what you mean by "deal harshly with users" ? There are many different kinds of drug users. They are of all ages from young teenagers to octagenarians and older. The oldest heroin user I ever knew of (professionally) was in her mid eighties. Some confessions. I used to share the odd joint with my surfer friends on the beach. I have played in bands and used drugs in my younger days., I used cannabis and acid at University. I have used grass over the years but not since aroind 10 years ago. I tried heroin once. Never again. I was never much of a drinker. So, what would you do with me? What level of harshness could I expect if you could decide back then. Not knowing anything else about me.? JUst curious.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Maybe not force but they certainly prey on the vulnerable users by pushing, i think I said earlier, I know someon trying to come off crack but the dealer wouldn't leave him alone by pushing and tempting him .

The addicts arent the ones who need to be dealt harshly with, some of these people are victims. String the pushers up. I despise them
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
OK.My last couple of posts were a bit of black humour. Sorry. This isn;t a humorous subject. So, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions about this?..It's only for the sake of discussion. YOu are entitled to your opinion of course.But.. firstly, does your opening sentence mean that there is never coercion on the part of dealers?.More importantly with respect to the second part of your post, could you elaborate on what you mean by "deal harshly with users" ? There are many different kinds of drug users. They are of all ages from young teenagers to octagenarians and older. The oldest heroin user I ever knew of (professionally) was in her mid eighties. Some confessions. I used to share the odd joint with my surfer friends on the beach. I have played in bands and used drugs in my younger days., I used cannabis and acid at University. I have used grass over the years but not since aroind 10 years ago. I tried heroin once. Never again. I was never much of a drinker. So, what would you do with me? What level of harshness could I expect if you could decide back then. Not knowing anything else about me.? JUst curious.
First of all, of course dealers need to be dealt with harshly and of course they try to entice people into using drugs.

But there seems to be too much onus on them being punished, and not enough on those who keep them in business. Rarely is anyone prosecuted for having drugs on them for "personal use". This is, IMHO, a large part of the problem. Buying drugs is simply adding to the problem as it feeds the whole supply chain.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who is caught with ANY form of illicit drug on them needs to be dealt with properly. This could include on the spot fines, a requirement to attend courses to explain why their actions are so damaging, up to incarceration.

Think of other offences. Driving over the speed limit is rarely overlooked, with automatic fines, penalty points (which affect insurance premiums), awareness courses, possible loss of employment and sometimes imprisonment. Why? Because speeding is viewed as potentially dangerous, not only for the person speeding, but others.

Why then, is speeding dealt with more harshly than owning/using drugs?

It just seems to make sense that if we can make the demand for drugs smaller by making the prospect of even carrying or using them more unappealing (to say the least), then the whole problem becomes smaller.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 12:35 PM

Drug abuse will never be eliminated. Never. Look at the prohibition era in the USA.

Many people LIKE to use drugs.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top