Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:01 PM

Re: No talent "art""

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes I have been there fantastic straight out of The Mummy !

Hi Muddy, Was there anything specific which you enjoyed seeing ?

For me, I was mesmerized by the seated statue of Pharaoh Khafre. Made of diorite, the 2nd hardest material on earth, it is as smooth as a glass minor. Only diamonds are harder.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	5c67bdc5af335c25c9f364cce73cd66d.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	15941  
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:18 PM

I have been reading about the new museum. Called the Grand Egyptian Museum, it is located not far from the Giza plateau. Not sure if it is opened yet.

Exactly how much of the art from the old museum will be moved, I'm not sure.

Name:	Grand-Egyptian-Museum_compressed.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	15942  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
No I don’t think all men are like that. I’m just kidding….
sort of.

I agree with the dedication and craftsmanship it takes to complete such a sculpture. It’s extraordinary talent for sure. There’s a women on another site I’m on who creatures these types of sculptures and she’s incredibly good. Her work is extremely impressive. I’ll ask if I can show her work here. I think you’ll be impressed Bakerman.

Ok I got her permission. Her name is Cheryl Gaer Barlow and here are some of her sculptures. I believe 4 of them are bronze sculptures and the Indian one I think is clay. Here is her link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cherylgaerbarlow/ in case anyone is interested.

I really like the clay Indian Bratti. It's his expression, I think.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Hi Muddy, Was there anything specific which you enjoyed seeing ?

For me, I was mesmerized by the seated statue of Pharaoh Khafre. Made of diorite, the 2nd hardest material on earth, it is as smooth as a glass minor. Only diamonds are harder.
Tuts wonderful death Mask I was also fascinated on how badly they were housed with water damage on the cases of these priceless treasures .
I loved Tuts leopard bed and then the angry mummy of Ramses 11.
It was many years ago don’t think people can see these any more in the new museum .
bakerman
Mexico

15-06-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Tuts wonderful death Mask I was also fascinated on how badly they were housed with water damage on the cases of these priceless treasures .
I loved Tuts leopard bed and then the angry mummy of Ramses 11.
It was many years ago don’t think people can see these any more in the new museum .
Yes, indeed. I noticed the same thing. I was shocked to also see the huge amounts of trash left lying about around various monuments. (especially, around The Step pyramid. One would think that the Egyptian authorities would take better care of their priceless treasures. Seriously, we pay good money to view each and every site. I would think that the Arabs, would hire people to keep the sites clean.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, indeed. I noticed the same thing. I was shocked to also see the huge amounts of trash left lying about around various monuments. (especially, around The Step pyramid. One would think that the Egyptian authorities would take better care of their priceless treasures. Seriously, we pay good money to view each and every site. I would think that the Arabs, would hire people to keep the sites clean.
Define Arabs?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
No I don’t think all men are like that. I’m just kidding….
sort of.

I agree with the dedication and craftsmanship it takes to complete such a sculpture. It’s extraordinary talent for sure. There’s a women on another site I’m on who creatures these types of sculptures and she’s incredibly good. Her work is extremely impressive. I’ll ask if I can show her work here. I think you’ll be impressed Bakerman.

Ok I got her permission. Her name is Cheryl Gaer Barlow and here are some of her sculptures. I believe 4 of them are bronze sculptures and the Indian one I think is clay. Here is her link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cherylgaerbarlow/ in case anyone is interested.
They're very good, especially the bronze(?) cowboys.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I expect that was the Greeks.
They were far more debased than the Ancient Egyptians, who always seemed to wear clothes.
It was only an assumption because that's the kind of art that seems to impress him.
bakerman
Mexico

15-06-2021, 11:29 PM

More of what I consider to be great art. So unlike the desperate, enfeebled, attempts to create something/anything new, which is all too common in modern day abstract art.

Greco-Roman statues of Winged Nike, goddess of victory, and the muse Calliope.

Name:	R692cc316c46087f4d51d4373d1bceb69.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	15943   Click image for larger version

Name:	R517cfcd71b66eaf8e3f51a84d99c4a98.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	15944  
bakerman
Mexico

16-06-2021, 12:14 AM

A common theme of Raphael's were archangels. While Christian art may not be to everyone's taste, I think all of us can agree that such work was NOT done on the spur of the moment and completed within 30 minutes.
Any fool can paint abstract art, but what talent does it demonstrate ? I say none... what-so-ever.

Name:	R9b6a3bd562a897e55090d8bb10c3bf32.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	15945   Click image for larger version

Name:	GettyImages-464447553-5c3e4435c9e77c000151542c.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	15946  

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top