Join for free
Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:41 AM

Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
Aysa, I thought very long and hard before deciding to accept chemo. And I will not do it again. Quality of life is more important than quantity to me.
Also to me too Orangutan
I wouldnt want to have that poison again with all its relatively unknown long term health effects.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I still get this with my fingertips Aysa - and my treatment ended in 2012. It is easing off, but VERY slowly. Hopefully yours will ease off more as time goes on as well....
Lets hope so Fender
Glad to hear that yours is fading albeit slowly ,I was told by the oncologist that it can take a very long time for the damage to repair if it ever does
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 02:25 PM

I didn’t have my chemo yesterday as I’ve not been feeling well, so I’ve got a few weeks to try to build myself up. It’s tiredness really, I feel so weak and keep taking myself off to bed. I’m not sure whether that’s the right thing to do or whether I should fight it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I didn’t have my chemo yesterday as I’ve not been feeling well, so I’ve got a few weeks to try to build myself up. It’s tiredness really, I feel so weak and keep taking myself off to bed. I’m not sure whether that’s the right thing to do or whether I should fight it.
Val, nearly everybody feels tired with Chemo! They are putting poisons into you body so I think your body is telling you to rest so you can fight it, therefore I think you should sleep, or rest, when you want to.
If this continues after your rest, ask them what is making you so tired and how long this chemo will continue. They should explain how the chemo works and how long you will need it, because if you can see an end to it, it will make it easier for you to cope with the downside!
I hope they can explain what they are hoping to achieve with these long sessions.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

16-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Val, for what it's worth, I think you are doing the right thing. Give your body a break and a chance to rest and heal a bit. It can be hard to live life when you are constantly run down, and still being hit by yet more chemo.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:33 PM

I had a C T scan on Tuesday and my consultant appointment has been brought forward from October to early September so hoping to discuss what happens next. Twink and o2, I think you are both right, i do need the rest.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 06:41 PM

I am thinking of you Val. I don't post much on this thread, it doesn't mean I don't read.x
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 07:11 PM

I should have had thirty weeks of chemo after my op three years ago, but I only managed eleven weeks which included two admissions for kidney failure. I therefore decided to call it quits after discussing it with the Oncologist. I am now checked six monthly, with blood tests and CT scans. My kidney function is still not right, but I will live with that.
Val J
East Yorkshire

16-08-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am thinking of you Val. I don't post much on this thread, it doesn't mean I don't read.x
It’s fine Sweetie, I read more than I post these days! x
Val J
East Yorkshire

16-08-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I should have had thirty weeks of chemo after my op three years ago, but I only managed eleven weeks which included two admissions for kidney failure. I therefore decided to call it quits after discussing it with the Oncologist. I am now checked six monthly, with blood tests and CT scans. My kidney function is still not right, but I will live with that.
You have done well CeeCee, so long as your quality of life is reasonable that is the main thing.

Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top