Join for free
Page 140 of 276 « First < 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Aww he is looking after you.
Have you tried suda cream Val?
I’ve not tried Suda cream Sweetie, I put some Savlon antiseptic on, don’t know whether it helped but the rash is much better now.

Hubby has been amazing throughout this ordeal. Apart from cooking, cleaning and all the other jobs he does, he encourages me to stay positive, something I’m not always good at!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I’ve not tried Suda cream Sweetie, I put some Savlon antiseptic on, don’t know whether it helped but the rash is much better now.

Hubby has been amazing throughout this ordeal. Apart from cooking, cleaning and all the other jobs he does, he encourages me to stay positive, something I’m not always good at!
Savlon is a little greasy for me, I always have a pot of Sudocrem in the cupboard. But if your skin is dry then you are most likely better suited to Savlon. Hubby's are pretty amazing guys.
Stay focused, my lovely, I am here rooting for you and Dreamy.x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:20 AM

I felt bad yesterday - completely exhausted, I was in bed for most of it.

Hope I feel a little better today, I've got my PET scan in a different hospital tomorrow.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I felt bad yesterday - completely exhausted, I was in bed for most of it.

Hope I feel a little better today, I've got my PET scan in a different hospital tomorrow.
I wondered where you were Dreamy. Sorry to read that.
Why a different hospital?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:29 AM

It's the only hospital with the imaging facilities for a PET scan. I've to have nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours prior, not even tea or coffee.

Then they inject me with a radioactive dye before I'm scanned.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-08-2018, 11:31 AM

It's the only hospital with the imaging facilities for a PET scan. I've to have nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours prior, not even tea or coffee.

You will feel faint
Is someone going with you?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Ooooohhh - You'll glow in the dark!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

22-08-2018, 04:15 PM

No, I'm going on my own by taxi. I'm still not exactly sure where it is except it's in a building which isn't part of the main hospital...there is an address though and a basic map so I'm sure the taxi driver will know how to find it.

I'm a bit worried about all the radiation my body has been subjected to, but this scan is necessary. I shouldn't feel faint.

I've been trying today to stay awake - no going back to bed so that I'll sleep well tonight and be up early in the morning. The exhaustion has been the worst side-effect for me; some days I'm OK but other days I don't feel refreshed after a sleep, still tired.

I've been watching a James Bond film I recorded. I'm less likely to feel the need for sleep than if I was reading a book or on the internet much.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-08-2018, 04:21 PM

No, I'm going on my own by taxi. I'm still not exactly sure where it is except it's in a building which isn't part of the main hospital...there is an address though and a basic map so I'm sure the taxi driver will know how to find it.

I'm a bit worried about all the radiation my body has been subjected to, but this scan is necessary. I shouldn't feel faint.

I've been trying today to stay awake - no going back to bed so that I'll sleep well tonight and be up early in the morning. The exhaustion has been the worst side-effect for me; some days I'm OK but other days I don't feel refreshed after a sleep, still tired.

I've been watching a James Bond film I recorded.
I will be honest with you Dreamy, going to the scan alone does worry me. I am sure all will be fine, make sure you have something to eat and drink with you for after the scan.
Naturally, you feel exhausted, you have been through so much.
Good idea to watch a film, it is a distraction.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

22-08-2018, 04:34 PM

I'll really miss my morning cup of coffee - I can't imagine going anywhere before I've had coffee. Doubtless there will be somewhere at the hospital where I can buy one after the procedure.

I've just noticed: this is the 1400th post in 7 months of this thread's beginning.

Page 140 of 276 « First < 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top