Join for free
Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:29 PM

Re: Dirty Toilet

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
How do toilets even GET like this? we have a plumber in the family and he says peoples toilets never cease to amaze and horrify him. He has seen s**t right up the walls, up the cistern, on the floor. How?

he has seen carpet literally awash with wee. He sees toilets like in the picture where the water is literally dark brown. He has been into house just a few months old where people have broken the seat and left it in a disgusting mess.

How hard is to to use and clean a toilet? Do what you need to do, flush and a quick wipe over. Job done!

some people are filthy.
Builders can be dirty beasts too. When cleaning up a factory years ago, after the builders had finished, I figured they had no toilet roll as they left open boxes lying about full of screwed up clumps of newspaper ..... covered in brown stuff.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's just taking the p*ss.
Is that a Euphoniumism.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Builders can be dirty beasts too. When cleaning up a factory years ago, after the builders had finished, I figured they had no toilet roll as they left open boxes lying about full of screwed up clumps of newspaper ..... covered in brown stuff.
Lots of Shite happened on the "Shop Floor".
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:32 PM

Well...consider the OFF topic on tea bags.
Some people quite enjoy building up a patina on their porcelain
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
How do toilets even GET like this? we have a plumber in the family and he says peoples toilets never cease to amaze and horrify him. He has seen s**t right up the walls, up the cistern, on the floor. How?

he has seen carpet literally awash with wee. He sees toilets like in the picture where the water is literally dark brown. He has been into house just a few months old where people have broken the seat and left it in a disgusting mess.

How hard is to to use and clean a toilet? Do what you need to do, flush and a quick wipe over. Job done!

some people are filthy.
I have often thought the same
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-08-2020, 09:37 PM

Whoflungdung.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:52 PM

Oh, I'm SO enjoying these funny replies, proper cheering me up. Thanks all - just what I needed

Originally Posted by Mups ->
(snipped)..

Protect yourself, and best of luck.
Let us know how you get on when you can.
Thanks Mups

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Some old water mains are made of cast iron and some of the rust from the pipes makes its way into homes and if the w.c. isn't cleaned regularly, it can accumulate just as limescale does.
Oh ok, thanks for that Judd.

Limescale comes up a lot in the replies. Thanks everyone, but we live in a lovely soft water area up here, so I'm really not convinced it is that. But perhaps I'm wrong about limescale only being in a hard water area?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
As I said earlier, I would even be wary of flushing it at the moment because of the signs of a blockage.

That stain is both high up, and more or less even round the bowl so the water level must have been that high at some point.
Consequently, I would feel very wary of flushing it unless I knew it was clear, otherwise it might all 'rise up' again.

Originally Posted by mart ->
(snipped)... Paint it white.

I've only got Dulux Once and ONCE just about sums it up, once you've used it you never use it again
Originally Posted by TessA ->
If you're determined to go there to clean Pesta for heaven's sake take a potty with you!
Also lots of disposable gloves. I remember clearing my late uncle's place after he died, the police gave me eight pairs of gloves, nowhere near enough. At least I didn't have to clean his loo! There were ashes from the fire halfway across the living room floor and years old Xmas cake in the cupboards, he'd had one slice from each.
Only good thing about it was we found £13,000 stashed away! Had to hand it in though!

Be careful, we like you!

Oh I say, all that money... now you see it, now you're gone - what a bummer.

I'm not taking my potty there and putting it on that floor - I'd rather squat on the pavement

I'll be suited and booted, masked up, pegged nose and gloved ... breathtaking times ahead

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
(snipped) ...

But hey! Why clean it at all. If he is going back, leave it as it is, he might not appreciate a clean loo and above all, remember BLM...... Black Loos Matter.

What bothers me is that Pesta has only seen a photo ... else I'd have asked if it had a poignant eye-stinging aroma too.
Apparently it stinks of rotting food mixed with a pungent urine aroma

(Whew, it's a marathon lumping all the replies together innit)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
It is a dirty lodger ... it's in the bedsit my daughter's father rents.

He's in hospital at the mo and we're going armed with cleaning stuff and bin bags and nose pegs.

In the first instance, I was thinking of squirting a shed load of Domestos around it and leaving it for a good while.

I'm just so confused what it is (as I say I haven't seen it in person - yet).
First thing I would would be to take the toilet seat off and buy a plastic one - wood is a notorious harbourer of germs and filth. Then bleach (a whole bottle) leave for a few hours and then scrub until it looks better. Don't forget to glove and apron up and wear a mask and eye protection. If this fails, chuck the lot out and get another (which is what I would probably do. Good luck.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:57 PM

My brother was of that ilk. He, my bro in law and he were doing some work on my parents' house following a house fire (dad was in hospital with burnd and mum was staying with us in Manchester). He went to the loo and left it in a somewhat vile state. When we asked him "wtf"!! he said that that's how he expects to find toilets.

We rarely speak nowadays!!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-08-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
First thing I would would be to take the toilet seat off and buy a plastic one - wood is a notorious harbourer of germs and filth. Then bleach (a whole bottle) leave for a few hours and then scrub until it looks better. Don't forget to glove and apron up and wear a mask and eye protection. If this fails, chuck the lot out and get another (which is what I would probably do. Good luck.
Dex, don't respond.

Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top