Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 08:26 AM

"lifeboat" where is hitchcock ?

Everyone knows that Alfred Hitchcock always makes some very brief appearance in all of his films. In the greatest, (IMO) of his many films, "LIFEBOAT", there are 9 people in the boat. None of them are Hitchcock. Every bit of the film is shot from inside the boat, yet he does appear. Do you know where ?

I'll give hints only if necessary.

PS: IMO the dialogue is first rate and makes the film entirely believable.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 08:38 AM

Re: "lifeboat" where is hitchcock ?

This film is on my list to view as I only learned about it recently when reading an article about John Steinbeck.

Hitchcock did indeed appear in the film, but only as a photograph in a newspaper ad for weight loss.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
This film is on my list to view as I only learned about it recently when reading an article about John Steinbeck.

Hitchcock did indeed appear in the film, but only as a photograph in a newspaper ad for weight loss.
WOW ! That was quick. Congratulations
Enjoy the film. IMO it is one of Hitchcock's finest.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 08:46 PM

Bakerman, Years ago, l loved anything Alfred Hitchcock wrote and loved looking for his personal appearance in his films.
I used to watch the short episodes shown in ‘Alfred Hitchcock Presents’.

I would love to see this film, ‘Lifeboat’ but l can’t find it anywhere.
I couldn’t believe it was made in 1944!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 08:59 PM

Lifeboat (1944)

Using a story by John Steinbeck as inspiration, master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock stages a gripping World War II drama by cramming eight survivors of a German torpedo attack into the hull of a tiny lifeboat. Among them are a journalist (Tallulah Bankhead), a radio operator (Hume Cronyn) and a woman (Heather Angel) clutching the corpse of her dead baby. But the real trouble starts when one of the survivors (Walter Slezak) reveals he's a Nazi.

Director
Alfred Hitchcock
Starring
Tallulah Bankhead William Bendix Walter Slezak Mary Anderson John Hodiak

Last On
12:40-14:40 Tue 5th Feb 2019 110m
Film4

It may turn up again .....
bakerman
Mexico

06-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bakerman, Years ago, l loved anything Alfred Hitchcock wrote and loved looking for his personal appearance in his films.
I used to watch the short episodes shown in ‘Alfred Hitchcock Presents’.

I would love to see this film, ‘Lifeboat’ but l can’t find it anywhere.
I couldn’t believe it was made in 1944!
Artangel, there are many DVD copies on Ebay and a few on Amazon. It is a keeper and well worth the money. I don't know about the UK but it is also available to watch for free on youtube here in Mexico and the US.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 10:17 PM

Full movie as bakerman stated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8f-wy7qwi8
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Full movie as bakerman stated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8f-wy7qwi8
Thanks for the link Galty, I look forward to watching that too...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top