Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Re: Starbucks.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
McDonald's coffee is exceptionally good.
I was a little bit nervous about stating the same for fear of being attacked by the forum fish wife’s for being a chav and attending a McDonalds, the destroyers of planets and major contributor to climate change and the death of the dinosaurs.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I was a little bit nervous about stating the same for fear of being attacked by the forum fish wife’s for being a chav and attending a McDonalds, the destroyers of planets and major contributor to climate change and the death of the dinosaurs.
"Forum fish wife's" (wives) --- LOVE IT!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 12:10 PM

I stand corrected, I was a student of a Welsh Catholic School back in the 50’s, they were big on God but not on foreign languages.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Fortunately Starbucks and their awful coffee went broke in Australia so they only survive in a few tourist hotspots where overseas visitors who know nothing about coffee can drink something familiar.
Weirdly, when we were in America, Starbucks was the best coffee I could get, which doesn't say much for the rest.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's lovely that Starbucks are being so inclusive.
Purile humour does you no credit boys!
I agree Tessa Anyone is entitled to buy a cup of coffee, whoever they are but don't you think Starbucks is just jumping on the bandwagon along with all the other ads? It's nothing to do with inclusion but all to do with clever marketing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-10-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
[/B]
Mcdonald coffee is quite nice at at a fraction of the cost.
I agree. their coffee has improved a lot since the early days.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 02:55 PM

I've all but given up on the coffee shop experience. I treated myself to a half litre stainless steel flask from Wilko the other day. Filled with steaming hot Bovril or OXO, irresistible!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
I've all but given up on the coffee shop experience. I treated myself to a half litre stainless steel flask from Wilko the other day. Filled with steaming hot Bovril or OXO, irresistible!
Not after one adds milk and sugar though. Cream is even worse.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not after one adds milk and sugar though. Cream is even worse.
I'm more than happy to take your word for it!
If it is to be a shot of caffeine, a flask of Earl Grey with lemon and a slice hits the spot. No milk...or cream .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 02:30 AM

Absolutely agree about Macca's coffee. I wasn't meaning to put it down although I now realise it may have seemed that way. No their coffee is totally decent. I always buy a take away coffee from the local Mac's when I take the dog for a walk in the park opposite. But there are little coffee carts all over the place that sell great coffee. It's one thing we aren't short of. To each their own nevertheless. Same with humour. One person's lame, unfunny puerile dross is another's comedy feast.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top