Join for free
Page 14 of 56 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 01:58 AM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

Leaving the WHO was irrational and bizarre

I seem to recall that the climate agreement did not suit the agenda for expanding domestic industrial production. The line was we will expand production and then we will talk about climate change when we have the money from polluting the planet with domestic industrial production (infinite loop).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 02:00 AM

I thought Obama put the ban from muslim countries into action first
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 08:34 AM

Well, I have to say that I wanted Trump to win - he seems to be one of the few Western leaders who actually stands up for his country.
And now we have Sleepy Joe; let's see how he gets on.

But I don't really want to get bogged down in that sort of a discussion.
What amazes me about the whole affair is that out of all the millions of people in the USA they couldn't find anyone better than Trump or Biden
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Well, I have to say that I wanted Trump to win - he seems to be one of the few Western leaders who actually stands up for his country.
And now we have Sleepy Joe; let's see how he gets on.

But I don't really want to get bogged down in that sort of a discussion.
What amazes me about the whole affair is that out of all the millions of people in the USA they couldn't find anyone better than Trump or Biden
I agree, but I suspect the desire for fame and fortune, in the USA, makes anybody who wants to be President think they are the best. They worship presidents like they are some kind of god, but lets hope that Americans will eventually learn that they are just politicians wanting to feather their own nests!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Vague assertions.

You presumably see absolutely no hypocrisy between your statement there and:
eh? my OP is fact.
When the post referred to very clearly says:
That is not the CV of an anarchist
That is your opinion and not a fact.
In other words, it is a "vague assertion".

In case you really don't understand you might like to consider the following brief examples but - as you undoubtedly are aware - there are far too many equally good or even better examples to choose from.

Was the CV of a family doctor with a decades-long career as a doctor & GP and an appearance on TV indicitave of his being a mass killer?

Was the CV of a popular, revered and respected DJ who was knighted and who raised huge sums of money for charities indicative of a prolofic sexual predator?

If you are determined to persist (and I'm almost certain you will) I will finish with this advice:
If you are going to make statements that are frankly bordering upon the ridiculous, remember to add a proviso with which to spare yourself from any potential rebuff.

The simple inclusion of one word such as "obvious" for example would have been sufficient to prevent your seemingly-bigoted stance, as in "That is not the obvious CV of an anarchist".
As it stands however it was a fallacious comment.

Now persist if you must with pointless bickering if that is what assuages your guilt but you were wrong to post as you did.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:34 AM

Interesting clip.

At 4.00 watch Harris get destroyed by Tulsi Gabbard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K2EeE
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 11:12 AM

Trump is still the president and nobody has won yet. Bidens victory is an invention by the media
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Interesting clip.

At 4.00 watch Harris get destroyed by Tulsi Gabbard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K2EeE
Ouch!

That didn't exactly go very well for Kamala Harris.
Note the reaction from the audience too.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:33 PM

I sometimes get the feeling that more than one person uses the same forum name.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

09-11-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I sometimes get the feeling that more than one person uses the same forum name.
Would you like to expand upon that or should we just guess?
After all, I have been away for a while so there's probably loads that I've missed.

IIRC there's a message system here if you'd rather not risk any public backlash.

Page 14 of 56 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top