Join for free
Page 8 of 33 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 08:23 PM

Re: Trump - The Long Goodbye

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It always amuses me how people choose when to go along with a bit of muck spreading, and when to ignore it.

Everyone knows journalists spend their time looking for something that sells newspapers, preferably a big dirty slur on someone.
They spend most of their working life lurking about, day and night, long range lenses, hidden microphones etc, doing their darndest to find some dirt and scandal.

Then we eventually read the results of their work.
If we like the person at the receiving end, we tend to defend them.
If we never liked them in the first place, we are delighted to see them defamed.

Wouldn't be Trump supporters doing their best to shame Biden by any chance, would it?

I think those pictures don't look anywhere near as evil as some are delighted to make it out to be.
None of us were there at the time, know the cirumstances that led up to the pictures, but are just happy to leap on the anti-Biden bandwagon as quickly as possible.

Look at how quickly people say in other threads about how sad it is now, having to watch how we describe black people, or fat people, or people on benefits, yet not many think it is sad that we also can't touch anymore either.
Surely not every 'touch' to another human has to be sick, or sexual, or degrading?

If so, I would soon be arrested, because I am an affectionate person and always have been.
However, there is a world of difference between a comforting, or affectionate, or friendly 'touch' than a sordid sexual grope!
So if I disappear anytime, it might be because I have been carted off - after being publicly shamed of course - for hugging someone.
Excuse me but I for one am not pro-Trump.
Neither however am I pro-Biden.
(I feel truly sorry for Americans in having to choose between the lesser of two evils, TBH.)

What I dislike intensely is the assertion that one is evil and the other near-angelic; that is simply not true.

Regarding the pictures I posted: you didn't like them?
It's not "muck-raking" to point out that such behaviours are considered at best inappropriate nowadays and have been for some time in the USA, here in the UK and in most of the Western world.
Look at Biden to judge for yourself his age if you can't be bothered to find out when those pictures were taken if your bias won't let you go further in finding out.

And then, after looking at the pictures of Biden with various girls and young women, consider Biden's history of allegations against him for acting inappropriately toward women and girls going back decades. (*1)

The actions you describe might be "comforting, or affectionate, or friendly 'touch' " to you but what about the other person, the one being "comforted"; shown "affection" or "touched" ?
You are so out-of-date with what is considered appropriate that - were I an employer of yours knowing your attitudes - I would be extremely concerned. (*2)

I'm sorry but if the other party feels such actions inappropriate then these actions are wrong.
Try doing these actions in a British workplace and see how the law handles them once an employer sacks you and the affected person goes on to sue for damages following their complaint.

Have you honestly not learned from the past mistakes which allowed the likes of Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, Jeffrey Epstein and more to do so much harm?
Surely it is better to be careful than to dismiss out of hand?

If you personally do indeed determinedly hug all and sundry whether they want your attentions foisted upon them or not, you may well one day find yourself publicly shamed at best.
In this country if you're lucky you might only face that shame and not that together with a charge of common assault or worse.

Being on the receiving end of such unwanted attention is at best unpleasant and I very politely suggest that you learn to ask if it is okay before you approach, otherwise you do so at your own peril.

*1 https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...ood-looking-10

*2 https://www.claimsaction.co.uk/train...the-workplace/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Please explain to me how such a supposedly pro choice pro-Irish president could square his beliefs with that of one of the most strict abortion laws on the planet?
I was talking about Trump. Is he pro irish?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was talking about Trump. Is he pro irish?
I was comparing Biden to your Trump post.
Can you not answer the question?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 08:51 PM

Trump's public schedules show little interest in work as he protests Biden's legitimate election

President Donald Trump made his first public appearance in six days Wednesday when he visited Arlington National Cemetery for a somber ceremony commemorating Veterans Day alongside first lady Melania Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. He did not speak at the event.

But as he mounts a fierce battle to remain in office and refuses to concede the election he lost, Trump has shown little interest in the work of being President. Since he vowed to fight the election results in the wee hours after Election Day, Trump, who has spent four years producing television moments showcasing his office, has made few efforts to show the American people he is still governing.
Instead, he is firing off inflammatory and baseless claims on his social media accounts, many of which have been flagged by Twitter as misinformation, and hitting his golf course.

Trump did meet with his political and White House advisers on Tuesday to discuss the next steps in his legal strategy, a person familiar with the matter said, and offered no signs he plans to concede the election. Behind the scenes, Trump's refusal to concede has prompted senior officials across the government to spread word that any cooperation with Biden's team is forbidden, officials at agencies and the White House said.

But he remains absent when it comes to doing the work of the federal government.
What a narcissistic loser ..... obsessed with himself and couldn't care less about his country .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK

11-11-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Trump's public schedules show little interest in work as he protests Biden's legitimate election

What a loser ..... obsessed with himself and couldn't care less about his country .....
Perhaps the real "loser" is a non-interested party or indeed the media trying their darndest to call an election result "legitimate" when the USA's only official body able to announce the legitimate result of this election, the GSA, has not yet done so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:45 PM

I don't whether to be polite and thank you for your rather rude reply, or just answer it and leave out the thank you.

My my, don't you get excited Zaphod.
This has surprised me as I have usually seen you write quite rational posts and it is quite a while since I have seen anything quite so wildly exaggerated.

You seem to think you understand what I mean, but then you twist it, exaggerate it, get yourself over excited then throw it back at me, and quite aggressively too, may I say.

I don't know if Bidden is a letch or not - do you? I have not said he is an angel at all.
But do you honestly think if he meant any harm, or had sexual intentions, he would touch those people in broad daylight, in public, with the cameras rolling??

I would think it a lot more sinister if he had seduced a woman in a lift, or dragged her into a broom cupboard, or the back of his motor in a lay-by - or anywhere else where he wouldn't be seen, but at a public meeting??

I merely meant it is sad when one human being is afraid to touch another these days, without someone shouting out 'Pervert!' Could you not understand that?

As for me being being as you call it - " determined to hug all and sundry whether they want my attentions foist upon them or not", well there you go again, wildly exaggerating!
You haven't a clue whether I "foist my attentions on the unwanted" or not, silly man.
Perhaps you imagine me lying in wait for poor unsuspecting shoppers or dog walkers, or any other total stranger, then leaping out and grabbing them?
Perhaps you have a very vivid imagination?

As for your suggestion that I ask permission to hug someone, I would say that rather depends on a) who it is, and b) the circumstances at the time.
Fear not, I promise you I do not make a habit of launching myself at unsuspecting strangers.

Lastly, as for your suggestion (again exaggerated) that if I tried hugging in a workplace I'd probably get the sack, well I'm afraid you are wrong again.
I did sometimes do this in my workplace actually, and did not get the sack at all.
You see, you know nothing about me, but I worked in care for elderly people, for quite a number of years, and if I could not hold their hand, or put an arm around someone who was afraid, or upset or lonely, then I'd have been in the wrong job.

And before you try to steam-roller over me again, as it happens I left my workplace after a few years because not one, but two of my very dear favourite 'oldies' died and it upset me a great deal, especially as I had difficulties in my own private life to contend with at the same time.

And far from my employers being concerned about my behaviour, they gladly took me back a little later, as I got on well with staff, and residents, and management, and there I stayed until my retirement.

If, as you say, YOU had been my employer and would be 'very concerned about my behaviour', I would suggest that if you had so little compassion in you, then it would have been YOU in the wrong job, rather than me.

I will not carry this silly discussion on with you any more, as I have said all I have to say, and I wouldn't want your imagination to run even more riot, incase you don't sleep tonight.

(Apologies to others for this excessively long post).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I was comparing Biden to your Trump post.
Can you not answer the question?
I don't understand your question or how it's relevant.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
He also sexually assaulted one of his staffers by getting her up against a wall and putting his fingers up her.

Biden is a disgusting pervert and sex pest.
I can't say he is or he isn't, I'm not going to judge something I know nothing about as I haven't seen or heart anything about sexually assaulting his staff member.

Mups is right, the press look for ANYTHING to rake up some muck about. I only find one of the pictures a little creepy but obviously I don't know if he's a prevert or not but one thing is for sure, had it been TRUMP in those 3 pictures everyone would be screaming MUCKY PERVERT .....for sure.

To some Trump is evil but if I'm honest I haven't seen anything evil from him. I do think he runs his mouth before he engages his brain, says what he thinks and not everyone likes that but I can't say I think him evil. Evil is a strong word.

Personally I couldn't give a flying fig who is the president of the states, it's not my country not my business.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Expect Trump to engage in a 'scorched earth' policy. He will do all within his power to make his supporters believe that the election has been stolen, and, in doing so, cast doubt about the legitimacy of the election.

Numerous high ranking Republican politicians have publicly stated that Trump should take his beating like a true president, and let democracy reign supreme.
I suspect Iran may get a parting gift.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:07 PM

Alaska election result: Trump declared winner

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1721289.html

The race was called after 75 per cent of the votes were tallied, as Mr Trump led President-elect Joe Biden by 57 to 39 per cent in the state.
Not that anyone cares, least of all Grumpy Trump - 3 electoral votes will make no difference whatsoever .....

Page 8 of 33 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top