Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 03:24 PM

Re: Dominic Cummings to leave Downing Street by Christmas

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
He himself said so in his blog in January so - since it seems to have been his own decision - I would have to say yes.

See my post earlier, #9 in this thread.
Yeah I read that too, his ideas are amazing especially about things like "seeing rooms" etc.

No wonder he has been so successful, he even states on his blog that the reasons he will help win the election is because the left won't read it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 06:33 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54938050

Big Dome's decided not to hang around for his Christmas card .....

Little Dome has also left .....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 06:44 PM

So, he's gone!!!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 06:45 PM

His close pal resigned and thus he lost a crucial member of his support team who would back him up in debates and disputes. With that support now gone it would not surprise me he decided to leave now rather than wait till the end of the year.

His one good grace in my opinion was him taking on the long established dig their heels in civil service. He said it was time the civil service was over hauled and he tried to make it happen.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 07:00 PM

So who’s prime minister now then...??
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 07:05 PM

Dominic Cummings' 'hard rain' civil service reform, security overhaul, BBC shake up and now even Brexit are in doubt as maverick No10 chief departs and PM signals 'softer' approach

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-approach.html

Dominic Cummings' departure leaves question marks over some of the key policies he has been driving through. The maverick No10 chief has been the main influence on an array of issues since Boris Johnson became PM. Many of his pet projects were the subject of extensive blogs he wrote even before entering government. But their fate now appears to be in doubt as Mr Johnson signals he wants to take a softer, more consensus-driven approach - rather than the combative tactics deployed by the former Vote Leave mastermind.
We shall see .....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 07:07 PM

More and more I am wondering what was talked about when Boris rang Jo Biden a few days ago.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
So, he's gone!!!
Some good things do happen on Friday 13th then
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 07:10 PM

Why didn't we see any gleeful rejoicing of him planning to leave by the end of the year when he told you in January, saying this:
"We want to improve performance and make me much less important — and within a year largely redundant."

https://dominiccummings.com/2020/01/

It's funny how the conspiracy theorists are letting imaginations run riot over this but denying events in the USA.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
More and more I am wondering what was talked about when Boris rang Jo Biden a few days ago.
Probably not what you are hoping for according to this today as the PM's spokesman said this just this afternoon:

“The government’s position in relation to the future trade agreement negotiations is unchanged - that we want to reach a deal but it has to be one that fully respects the sovereignty of the United Kingdom.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN27T1MJ?il=0

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top