Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 10:54 PM

Re: Arise sir lewis

Hunter gatherers are now sponsored, so what!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 10:26 PM

I've just found this thread because for the first time in my life I have seen who Lewis Hamilton is. As in an interview as the Bahrain GP is on. when I say I have seen who he is I am astonished that someone I have been hearing so much about for years (my brother is a big GP fan), I have realised he is SO young! I was watching the interview and when they said Lewis I thought, this can't be the legend I have been hearing about or for years.

It's amazing someone so young has achieved so much for British sport so consistently for so many years. Watching him you could see how passionate he is about his driving technique and his enthusiasm and intelligence is inspiring.

I'm not into the politics of honours, but he is an intriguing individual. Seems he already has an honour an MBE in his twenties. It's very impressive and a great star of British sport.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:50 AM

Annie I think its a British thing we are almost embarrassed by people who do really well... if Lewis were American or any other nationality he would be a hero in their eyes ....but here we find ways to find fault I don't know why we do that but we do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:52 AM

Sometimes the hero's are embarrassed, so much so, they hide themselves away in places like Monaco.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 09:32 AM

Spitty
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:14 AM

We like to build people up and then take great delight in knocking them down again, a British trait
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:39 AM

That’s very true Primus, there appears to be a lot of people who are very jealous of people who do well, for some reason.

Their generosity to charities is to be commended but it is not something they brag about.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That’s very true Primus, there appears to be a lot of people who are very jealous of people who do well, for some reason.

Their generosity to charities is to be commended but it is not something they brag about.
Guilt complex Mags !!
They dont have to brag, someone does it for them !!
If they paid their due tax, there would be NO need for charity ?
Plus they claim any charity payments back from irs ??
Sometimes even get a rebate??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 04:09 PM

I thought someone posted that Hamilton pays his taxes and also donates to charity?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:49 PM

Anyone that "takes the knee" does not deserve my respect IMO of course.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top