Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 01:05 PM

MPs wages ???

Once again we have proposals for a more than 4% insrease in
The income of MPs,( approx £3000 PA).
Is this justified at this time of huge outays to combat covid and
and to prop up the economy??
Surely our representatives should be setting the example to the
rest of us if they wish us to accept pay freezes and tax hikes as
seems to be the likely response to this crisis ??Brexit expenditure
and disrupture are likely to be insignificant when compared to the
effects of covid, so, in oreder to remove an added problem and allow
the government room to focus better, l believe we should conclude
the talks on WTO terms to end the endless wrangling with eu and
provide absolute clarity to our businesses?
Maybe HS2 should be revisited too??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 02:29 PM

Re: MPs wages ???

This MP's wages thing is getting a fair bit of publicity and as usual I see our media trying to put words in PM's mouths and trying to force answers.
So far without success.

I'd have to agree that if MP's do accept a pay increase it would not be morally acceptable to impose a pay freeze on the public sector.
But ... BUT ........ Rishi hasn't said there will be a pay freeze, he's just refused to deny that there will be one after yet more media suggestion with "likely" and "clearly signalled intention" as the only source.
Ah well, I suppose we only have to wait until Wednesday to find out - about the pay rise bit at least.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 03:37 PM

Personally I'm much more disgusted by the number of MP's followed by the existence in its present form, size, and function of the Upper House.

Now add the West Lothian Paradox still not being resolved along with the continuation of the Barnett formula.

Then of course the awful First Past The Post electoral farce on top of which is the equally awful Civil Service, something that really needs to be purged big time.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
This MP's wages thing is getting a fair bit of publicity and as usual I see our media trying to put words in PM's mouths and trying to force answers.
So far without success.

I'd have to agree that if MP's do accept a pay increase it would not be morally acceptable to impose a pay freeze on the public sector.
But ... BUT ........ Rishi hasn't said there will be a pay freeze, he's just refused to deny that there will be one after yet more media suggestion with "likely" and "clearly signalled intention" as the only source.
Ah well, I suppose we only have to wait until Wednesday to find out - about the pay rise bit at least.
I suppose it is that time of year that the so called independant
review committee do their review Zaph??
Media reports that they are rocommending an above 4% increase??
I suppose it should be possible to verify this with google?
Maybe l will try that!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔??

P.S. ls this what the world has come to??
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-11-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Personally I'm much more disgusted by the number of MP's followed by the existence in its present form, size, and function of the Upper House.

Now add the West Lothian Paradox still not being resolved along with the continuation of the Barnett formula.

Then of course the awful First Past The Post electoral farce on top of which is the equally awful Civil Service, something that really needs to be purged big time.
Yes l agree Todgy,far too much protection for the crowns interests !!

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 04:21 PM

No, No, No, No !

No pay rises for public sector workers.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 04:41 PM

Breaking news:
"Boris Johnson says MPs should not get annual pay rise amid COVID-19 pandemic"
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...demic-12140289
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-11-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No, No, No, No !

No pay rises for public sector workers.
It seems al is well Bread?
Boris says MP s should NOT get the rise while covid is still being
combatted !!
Maybe he will surprise us all!👍👍

Donkyman! 🤔🤔
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It seems al is well Bread?
Boris says MP s should NOT get the rise while covid is still being
combatted !!
Maybe he will surprise us all!👍👍

Donkyman! 🤔🤔
MP's and public sector workers have never been more well off as far as pay is concerned.

And there is Annalise Dodds calling for pay rises for her crony mates. So much for starving children and poor people.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

23-11-2020, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
MP's and public sector workers have never been more well off as far as pay is concerned.

And there is Annalise Dodds calling for pay rises for her crony mates. So much for starving children and poor people.
Annalise Dodds?

The annalise Dodds who - as shadow chancellor - said she was "shocked" by thhe UK's poor growth in the middle of a pandemic where much of the country was shut down?
The Annalise Dodds who was obviously confused regarding Labours planned wealth tax?
Who was called out by the SNP for not understanding that what she was decrying Scotland for was not a devolved matter?
Who was widely criticized for politicizing the response to covid and at the same time being completely unable to say what economic measures she would introduce?

With people like her on the Labour benches the party has no chance of winning any General Election.
Keep her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top