Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:28 PM

Re: Greetings!

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Anyone interested to let me know what is the most challenging book you have ever read and why?
Welcome to the forum.

Damaged by Cathy Glass. A foster carer, details the heartbreaking horrific abuse of an eight year old girl and how she unlocked the most disturbing secrets.

An insight into foster caring, the extreme challenges they take on with love, patience and understanding.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:43 PM

"Chariot of the Gods" probably, I have been interested in the theories that angels, ancient gods and lost technology were brought to Earth by travellers from other planets, ever since.

What part of S. Africa are you living in Minx? I was there in the 80's in the Transvaal.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 04:20 PM

Hiya Minx. I used to visit Port Elizabeth on business quite regularly and have been to Jo'burg, Brits, Kimberley and Palabora amongst other places in RSA.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Welcome to the forum.

Damaged by Cathy Glass. A foster carer, details the heartbreaking horrific abuse of an eight year old girl and how she unlocked the most disturbing secrets.

An insight into foster caring, the extreme challenges they take on with love, patience and understanding.
That book sounds hectic!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
"Chariot of the Gods" probably, I have been interested in the theories that angels, ancient gods and lost technology were brought to Earth by travellers from other planets, ever since.

What part of S. Africa are you living in Minx? I was there in the 80's in the Transvaal.
Tessa, as luck would have it, I am in the Transvaal
Have you watched the series Ancient Aliens?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-10-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Hiya Minx. I used to visit Port Elizabeth on business quite regularly and have been to Jo'burg, Brits, Kimberley and Palabora amongst other places in RSA.
Hi Percy Vere, how wonderful! Then you witnessed the greatest site on earth- an African sunset.

I must say though, you missed out on some of the better coastal areas in SA like Cape Town and Durban. But, at least you can vouch that there’s no Lions roaming the streets!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 05:38 PM

Tessa, as luck would have it, I am in the Transvaal
Have you watched the series Ancient Aliens?
Haven't watched Ancient Aliens. Some volumes by Erich von Daniken. ''War for What" by Francis Springer and "Uncivil War" I have read. And quite a lot of Boer War had some horrible stuff. By the Brits for the most part.

But also A.H. Morton advanced electrical engineering.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-10-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Haven't watched Ancient Aliens. Some volumes by Erich von Daniken. ''War for What" by Francis Springer and "Uncivil War" I have read. And quite a lot of Boer War had some horrible stuff. By the Brits for the most part.

But also A.H. Morton advanced electrical engineering.
I’ll look up Erich von Daniken. I’ve read some War books ( see some pictures)

Sorry, I fell sound asleep when i saw you mention AH Morton advanced (kill me now) electrical engineering ( superhuman powers required)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1777830-F97C-4A6C-A3B9-1EEBDE0E38F7.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	13888  
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 05:55 PM

I’ll look up Erich von Daniken. I’ve read some War books ( see some pictures)

Sorry, I fell sound asleep when i saw you mention AH Morton advanced (kill me now) electrical engineering ( superhuman powers required)
JP Jolly, Physics for Electrical Engineers. Fun stuff.
And...........

Such is life.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-10-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
JP Jolly, Physics for Electrical Engineers. Fun stuff.
And...........

Such is life.
Oh my word, I wondered if you were Afrikaans with the username ‘Besoeker’ ! I even checked your profile out.
The penny has dropped it now it makes sense.
Did you work on Draglines?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top